Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Technology challenged

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
We must understand, Ernie is one of the best in the business. He has to be to sell a chitolet. :D

J/K Ernie. We know you have a secret love for Toyotas! :nana:

smilielol5.gif
Classic- I'm getting a bad (or good) reputation for drilling Tundra's on the Corvette forum. It's too easy a setup- a lot of those guys are younger, affluent, and generally would only look at import brands..... except for their Corvette. they also generally don't know squat about pickups.

On the other hand, Corvette's have a strong redneck strain in their gene pool. At the Hershey meet last year, more Corvette's were trailered to the meet behind Ford's than all other truck makes combined. You'd be amazed at how many Corvette owners have a F150 or Super Duty as well- same crowd.

re: On Star. They can't watch, but they can diagnose while the tech's working on it if need be.

Yeah can't you just shut the light off? Then they get mad. Well can't you just plug it in and tell me what it is (expecting it to be done in 2 min)... Gotta love it.

If I have my xray handy I'll plug it in and give em the codes... then they ask "what do those mean?" I tell em to ask a mechanic :rofl2:

I'm ashamed to admit it, but on a dark lonely night, many years ago, I too succumbed to the evil and sat in a cheby. ;)

And thus came little tony:)

I think so. I was working on a caddy once and onstar started talking to me asking what I was doing and such....

Did it say,
OnstarLogo1.jpg

"What are you doing, Brent?"
hal2000.jpg

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
If I have my xray handy I'll plug it in and give em the codes... then they ask "what do those mean?" I tell em to ask a mechanic :rofl2:

I'll plug it in but it'll cost a hours diag fee and they still wont be any closer to haveing it fixed. Hand them the codes and say have a nice day. Kind of like the Advance Auto store.:hammer:

ponyracer

Certified Ford Tech

Did it say,
OnstarLogo1.jpg

"What are you doing, Brent?"
hal2000.jpg

Ernie used to work at a Ford dealership so hes OK in my book just confused on his manufacturers!!!smiliegitrdone

We called it CON-Star. cuz most people were CON'd into it and wanted later to get rid of it when the freebie ran out! smilietease

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts