Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need some help please..........!

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I think I know what the problem is its the fuse I took the fuse box and checked to see it there is any power at both ends and there isn't power at both ends but when checked at the front of the fuse box my tester is showing full power at both ends WTF?

Sounds like you may be using a meter. Meters are not any good in these kind of problems. You need to be using a test light with a bulb to load the circuit so you know what you have.

Reread my post #38 above.

You test fuses with continuity (OHMS) not on a power setting.

That Blue/red wire on that connector is what powers all the instruments light
via the P.C.Board.

I am trying to get you more pics and illustrations but my computer won't read the hard drive they are on

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I got a larger fuse and stuffed it in place of the older fuse and now every thing has power but the fuse isn't the right amps its a much higher amp fuse..

Last edited:

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Tex, I've personally had those old round fuses blow right at the end, covered by the metal tip/end, and you can't see it by looking. It takes an ohm meter to prove it. That schematic should help too; without a schematic I was assuming that the dimmer (rheostat) was downstream from the fuse.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Well now that I put a larger fuse in every thing is working fine now when I put a smaller fuse in (NEW OUT OF BOX) nothing....
So I guess we got it working I don't see what using a bigger fuse could be bad..

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
Check that new fuse with your ohm meter. BTW, whatever ya do not stuff a .22 bullet in there :) .

* I know ya wouldn't but good ol' mythbusters brought that subject up.

NEVER ever substitute a fuse with something else.
The fuse is the safety valve to prevent fires.

How many bulbs are on that circuit right now ?

There should be 8

4 -cluster
1 -PRND2L (A/T)
1- Heater/AC
1- Radio
1- Headlight/wiper switch light

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
NEVER ever substitute a fuse with something else.
The fuse is the safety valve to prevent fires.

How many bulbs are on that circuit right now ?

There should be 8

4 -cluster
1 -PRND2L (A/T)
1- Heater/AC
1- Radio
1- Headlight/wiper switch light

Only the the cluster heater/ac PRND2L (A/T).

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts