Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My New Van

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Also I can get a 3.31 LS axle with that model as well.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
The deed is done, deposit paid on Friday for a non dually, shorter van with a 3.31 LS rear end.
Also went blue jeans metallic color.
Should find out this next week what the ETA is.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks Roy.....figuring it will arrive September.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm looking forward to being able to garage it for the winter!

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I believe that GM van is a rebadged Nissan. I'm not going to bother with any inverters in this van, going all LED lighting and will be buying new battery chargers that use 12 volt.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Seems they are delivering them in the States already...no word yet on mine.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Seems ironic they still have to deliver vehicles by stagecoach up there. Probably explains the delay though smilieneenar

What's even more amazing is when you consider that most major metro areas up here are within a couple of hours of the border...:headbang:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I heard the delay was due to the SYNC system not recognizing the Canadian accent.

Ryan

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
I'm not going to bother with any inverters in this van, going all LED lighting and will be buying new battery chargers that use 12 volt.
Wow, I am kinda surprised that new battery chargers would be less expensive than some of the new inverters. (just charging cordless batteries right?)

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I heard the delay was due to the SYNC system not recognizing the Canadian accent.

Ryan

I need directions in French, eh

You two are homo's.

Wow, I am kinda surprised that new battery chargers would be less expensive than some of the new inverters. (just charging cordless batteries right?)

Good true sinewave inverter will be $1500+...plus wiring etc. We are looking at what has worked/hasn't worked with the old truck and what we really need..and inverters are not needed given how well LED lighting will work.

The new DeWalt chargers have a shutoff after charging with a miniscule parasitic load when off....inverters use much more, even in search mode and the normal chargers will tend to not let the inverters shut off.

The other side of no inverters is the fact that we haven't needed stand alone AC power in several years since we stopped doing acreages etc....which we have no desire to do again...and if it does happen, an inverter generator will be the way we go.

mrxlh

Oilfield Trash
Stigler, OK
True, the Honda EU2000i is the bomb!

SuperCab

Staff member
Montana
Please explain what makes an inverter generator worth 10x more money than a comparable standard alternator

I know they're nice and all but $1000+ for a 2kw genny seems outrageous

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Please explain what makes an inverter generator worth 10x more money than a comparable standard alternator

I know they're nice and all but $1000+ for a 2kw genny seems outrageous

Efficiency, power to weight, noise level, ability to parallel two units easily. In simple terms, a normal generator has only a minimal amount of poles and must turn at a fixed rpm to generate a stable frequency (60Hz)....so they usually run at either 1800 or 3600 rpm depending on the amount of poles...the multipole types can operate at much lower rpm and still produce power due to the amount of poles...and they can ramp up much like a modulating-condensing boiler.

The inverter/multipole generate AC at a much higher frequency that allows for way less iron to be used (a reason aircraft operate at 400Hz), and then takes that high frequency (typically 3 phase)....converts that to DC and then inverts that to the 120 output.

Normal everyday generators also have high distortion/harmonics and are not that accurate on frequency....for you basic power tools, not a big deal...for other things like sensitive electronics...a bigger deal...even worse are the el cheapo modified square wave inverters.

Clear as mud?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts