Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need help Lowering my F150

I want to have my truck lowered but I don't know which kit to buy!?! I've been researching online, but it's a bit confusing. Also can you use shocks that are already on the truck or should I get new shocks???

Oh, and I don't know how much I should lower it! Suggestions???

lol seriously, I wouldn't. Your truck looks great as-is.

Lowering will not only give you a stiffer ride, as you may have already thought about, but you'll have to go diagonally over speed bumps in a truck... What the hell is that about?! lol

lol seriously, I wouldn't. Your truck looks great as-is.

Lowering will not only give you a stiffer ride, as you may have already thought about, but you'll have to go diagonally over speed bumps in a truck... What the hell is that about?! lol

I thought about that (the stiffer ride) but I like the way "steet trucks" look! I only wanna go about 2"...no more than that! I don't wanna be scratchin' pavement with the front end!

I also want to get a custom hood & a tonneau...I would love to hear your opinion!?!

BTW, nice back piece & the rib tat...SAWEEEET!

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
i personally like this hood on a blacked out F150...
801082_450.jpg

http://www.gcustoms.com/0408-ford-f....html?osCsid=9f9574783738af1961f35f5e3764495a

I thought about that (the stiffer ride) but I like the way "steet trucks" look! I only wanna go about 2"...no more than that! I don't wanna be scratchin' pavement with the front end!

I also want to get a custom hood & a tonneau...I would love to hear your opinion!?!

BTW, nice back piece & the rib tat...SAWEEEET!

Hmm do you have more pics of your truck? Maybe I need a better look at it and can give you more 'informed' opinions lol

wow, complete with a new sig too huh? Way to go lol.... Ok based on those pics, I can safely say to not lower it :)

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
Well A couple Of my LOcal Ford dealer got tired of being ask why trucks so high.They lost al their older buyers because of it . So they have lowered ones on lots.

Do what you want its your truck . It would look cool . If I get one I have to lower it so kids can get in.

Last edited:

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
lifts the front end up to match the rear in height. so it ends up being probably a lift if you go with lifting the front. or you can drop the rear end to be level with the front end. i would go that route if you were already thinking bout lowering. this way it keeps the same height pretty much but is level.

Don't think changing the shackles would do much. Probably changing the leaf spring pack or removing a leaf from the existing pack is your best bet. Just know that if you remove a leaf you change the payload your truck can haul. Not that you should be hauling much in a lowered vehicle anyway lol. IMO, I think that people who lower their trucks pretty much make the truck useless haha

You will also need different shocks depending on the travel of your existing shocks. If you lower enough, the shocks you have will bottom out - basically making them ineffective.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts