Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Fumoto Drain

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Or, if you're lucky you can put force against the plug INTO the pan while UNSCREWING it and it usually keep it at bay...I was a pit monkey for a year buddy.....
Yup I use that trick too. But there's always a couple drops that slip by right when you pull the plug so I keep my arm parallel with the truck. No need for a $30 valve.

Michigan
I figured theres alot less of a mess when changing the oil. Also from switching from pan to pan or if i want to put my old oil into empty oil containers then this would be idea. Its only 27 bucks so i figured id give it a shot.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
^^I don't have the clearance under my truck, but in a PSD, I'd be tempted to use a piece of tubing to funnel the drain oil straight into the gallon jugs the new oil came in.

'Course, you'd have to save the bottles from the last time you did it, but if you've got the space, seems like the easiest way to collect and store the drain oil.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Apples to oranges comparison... Sometimes I need to roll down the passenger window while driving and I physically cannot reach that side of the truck to crank down the window. This is not a case of people physically not able to remove the drain plug-- they just dont want to.

There is no reason you can't pull over to roll down the passenger side window. Unless you just don't want to. :p

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
Mike...you can also burn your excess oil......filter it through a pillowcase and pour it in the tank a little at a time with a mostly full fuel tank.

Michigan
I burn it anyways. Great way to start a fire! (Dont read if your from CA)

JK yeaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa idk, i just take it to autozone. If i used the old gallons that it came in, and started to accumulate jugs to put the oil into then that would be a better 25 minute trip to autozone down a bumpy road with a open oil container in the box.

This way i can screw the cap back on and take it in and dump it out. Either throw away my old containers or use the new ones i would have empty from the new oil.

Il be changin my oil this weekend so we will see how it works lol

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Hmm I wouldn;t mind having one of these for my 79..
I wonder if they made the thread size to match my truck.

Michigan
I got it in the mail today. Cant wait to use it. To bad i gotta wait another 3 thousand untill i can lol

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts