Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Project thread - E4OD Shift Kit

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Remember your connector had more wires then mine, as mine is SD and yours is MAF so you will have more, maybe they moved some on the MAF trucks vs the SD ones. Id ck that out.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Remember your connector had more wires then mine, as mine is SD and yours is MAF so you will have more, maybe they moved some on the MAF trucks vs the SD ones. Id ck that out.
Good call... I wasn't strictly going on wire position, I was also paying attention to the wire colors in the instructions... I sure wish they'd give more details about that electrical connected. Like maybe what exactly it is (a resister? a diode? a capacitor?). Or maybe what those wires are SUPPOSED to go to that I'm tapping (maybe Ford changed the wire colors over the years).

I'll have a look this weekend.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Finally got around to double checking my wire taps and they're right where they need to be... So I plugged the electrical connector back in and pulled the battery cable for a while (reset the computer).

Drove the truck and HOLY CRAP! Drives like a million bucks! Before I was gettin' a real nasty shift from 1-to-2; jerked the HELL out of me. Thought that was just the shift kit doing its job. Nope, after installing the electrical connector it doesn't kick anymore, it just a quick and tight shift and BAM 2nd gear, no kicking or nothing. Same goes for the subsequent shifts.

DISCLAIMER: To anyone who installs a shift kit in the future. DO NOT ignore the electrical connector. It seems to make a HUGE difference in the ride comfort.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Lol bout time son. Did ur ck eng light come back on? Maybe 1 time fluke.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Given that the "E" in E4OD stands for Electronic, I find the above hardly shocking... smilietease

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Lol bout time son. Did ur ck eng light come back on? Maybe 1 time fluke.
I only drove it around the block and the light never showed... But last time I don't think it came on for about a mile so who knows... I think the problem might have been that I didn't reset the computer last time... All I know is that it's shifting better than it EVER has. I'll let ya'll know if the light comes back.

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
heh this thread is a prime example of the following:
1.You don't smoke Miss Mary Jane
2. You don't live in California
3. You don't name your children Chris
4. You don't become a hippy

On a lighter note....congrats glad you got it fixed.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Im named Chris there JR. Im totally different tho. Ha

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Maybe answer is to buy a truck with, you know, a stick-shift...

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
Ha yes sir. Yea id go stick shift if it wasnt a big PIA.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts