Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Banner, and Site Colors

Should the new banner and colors stay or go?

• Stay! I like it.

Votes: 18 81.8%
  • Go! Sensory Overload

Votes: 1 4.5%
  • Stay, but... (please explain)

Votes: 3 13.6%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
What I'm attempting to do is take image "banner," center it, and take image "strech" (the gradient) and make it span either side of the centered image "banner."

There's more than one way to skin a cat, and I'm not sure if I want to use CSS, or html.

Ryan

03Explorer

Missouri Chapter member
Ryan,

I don't personally care if this site turns into a bunch of empty cans tied together with strings if that is what it takes for you to concentrate properly on your schooling. That is way more important then this site will ever be, at least to me.

Ryan - I agree. Your school work is much more important than the website right now. Being a programmer myself I have also come to know that you are not going to please everyone so you just have to try to please the majority of the users. Just keep that in mind. I think you are doing a great job and I appreciate all of the hard work you are putting into this website. :) ;)

Ryan: The gradient is stretched in pic number 3 on the site I popped up. If that is not what you want...I don't know.

It is set to 98% of the screen size of whatever resolution somone uses. Go trye it. I tried to explain how to do it in the PM and I guess I was not successful.

econo61

head pervert
okla
yes, yes, yes! school comes first and formost! if not you might end up like some of the rest of us! [well me anyway,]

yes, yes, yes! school comes first and formost! if not you might end up like some of the rest of us! [well me anyway,]
You took poetry too???:rofl: I shoulda known :rolleyes:

Ryan you work hard here, and it shows. I hope whatever effort you put here is something you can also hold up as an example in your classes, and vice versa.

Last edited:
HEY! we were JUST TRYING to CHEER the poor bugger UP! show a little mercy!!!

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
oh, you guys are so sweet... in your own little way.

I don't need no cheerin up, we're a big family here. Don't worry, I can waste as much time as I want now, cause it's summer... WHOOO!

Ryan

oh, you guys are so sweet... in your own little way.
4.gif

Seriously though, you are doing a great job here. I'm going to try and access this site on my plasma T.V. using the PS3 a little later and see what it looks like. I'll let ya' know.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Not to beat a dead horse here but I was lookin at the site and the banner and such and thought why don't we add two more truck grills to balance it out if we are not going to center it?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
What you're actually seeing is an image that stops 1 pixel after the 1994 truck, and a 2 pixel wide image being repeated until the edge of your monitor. This repeating image helps us fit all monitors, reguardless of the resolution.

Ryan

just follow that line right there, and you'll see where it all leads...:horseshit:

03Explorer

Missouri Chapter member
Ryan love the new logo. Nice touch with the Flag. Great idea!!!

You keep this sight looking awesome. This is the best looking sight I've seen lately. I might be a little partial though.:redface:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
That's why I update the photo! Just to keep you postin.

I just thought it might be neat to change it with different holidays instead of the same old vanilla all year long.

Ryan

Bob Ayers

North Carolina Chapter member
Durham, NC
Yes, very nice Ryan! It looks great for Memorial Day!!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts