Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

History of the 351M,400

I have a 1977 F-150 with a 351m, is it possible to take off the EGR under the two barrel and install a different dist. I am looking for better performance and mileage on a limited budget. Thank you for your replys.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
If you remove the EGR, you might want to just retard the ignition a bit. Kepp your stock distributor...just get a brass cap and rotor. Something like a Davis distributor is gonna set you back $300+... for what you are after, a Performer type intake, headers and a 500-600 cfm carb would yield you the most bang for the buck...someone else might chime in as well...YelloThumbUp

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Wouldn't that be truffcakes?

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
I may be wrong but it was allways explained to me that the M attatched to the 351 stood for modified Cleveland...

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I may be wrong but it was allways explained to me that the M attatched to the 351 stood for modified Cleveland...

That's been the generally accepted idea, but there seems to be no actual documentation on it.

i think it stands for Maybe ill just quit worrying about what it stands for and drop a 460 in there!smiliepeelout 'drama' smilieneenar

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts