Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

E-mail notices?

I get most of them, but occasionally one or two slip through without a notice.

Any ideas? Two of Scott's recent ones I have not received replies. I see the posts when I click "new posts".

Its no big deal. Just wondered.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
you should receive one after the first new post in the thread since you previously visited the thread. It only sends you the one e-mail until you go back and check the thread. So there could be a number of new posts on the thread if you don't go to it right after receiving the e-mail.

I hope that helps. YelloThumbUp

I've noticed some of the same stuff happenning to me, and I click thru on all the messages I get, just SO that doesn't happen.

Also noticed that when there is a lot of activity, the number of highlighted threads (threads with new posts) still drops at a certain point (never really counted) even tho other threads still have new posts in them.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
The e-mail notification must be a glitch. Everything is set properly. confused

The new posts highlight is set so it doesn't bog down the server. If you're inactive in that thread for a certain amount of time it automatically marks it read. It is set pretty high though so I wouldn't think you would have problems with it. Does it happen alot Tom?

I have noticed some every time I log on... unless, of course, someone ELSE is logging in to read my stuff on my other computer... hmmmm

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
brian, we haven't changed anything. If it's a glitch, it's still glitched. None of us are gifted enough in reading CSS or PHP, so there's nothing that we can really do about it.

Ryan

I just noticed something odd...is this related?

When I was looking at my subscribed threads in my user CP some of them said "none" instead of instant e-mail notification. The instant notification is turned on in my options. Any clues? Something I am doing?

or just a mystery of the www

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
sorry for the delay Brian. Nothing has been changed recently so I'm not sure why you are having problems. Might just be a glitch but will poke around and see if we can find anything. YelloThumbUp

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
sorry for the delay Brian. Nothing has been changed recently so I'm not sure why you are having problems. Might just be a glitch but will poke around and see if we can find anything. YelloThumbUp
GREAT!! Site'll be down for a few days guys!!:rofl:

Guess it is just me. I had no clue there were two replies after my last post in here. It happens on most threads after there are several replies. Its like they simply stop sending me E-mails after the first few.

Oh well...Guess I will stop asking..Ryan just does not like me anymore. :headbang:

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
Not true!

Brian, it's just that we know how to fix these types of problems as well as you do. There might be a lever or button to push on your end, it might be responding 'differently' for any number of reasons. I'd like to help, but I'm just not that good.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts