Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

O.K... This is a complete suck-up post..

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
TexasRho83
I LOVE YOUR TRUCK!!!

1978F35010.JPG

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I've always loved that truck too. I do have a question though...how hard is it to find the SC specific parts. IE, the SC windo, drip rails, race track chrome strips, what about a SC roof? And what happens if you screw up the SC section...are there replacement panels? Are you SOL? Just wondering, because I never SC specific stuff strictly in parts catalogs. Folks say CC parts are hard to find (I beg to disagree), but what about paneling and whatnot for a SC?

That is one perdy truck! Wanna trade? :D

How's the leg room in the back seat? I've never actually been in the back of one before

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
I know where there is one at. I'm not sure of the year but it is 4x4. It must be a custom cause there is no trim. It was up for sale a few years ago but didn't sell or something. It's kinda rough but may have to stop and see if it's still available.

I know where there is one at. I'm not sure of the year but it is 4x4. It must be a custom cause there is no trim. It was up for sale a few years ago but didn't sell or something. It's kinda rough but may have to stop and see if it's still available.

I have never seen a 4x4 super cab or crew cab around here, they are all 2wd :(

The Auto wrecker is full of good cabs though, :D I just need a chassis to put one on...

Very nice truck. I like the tool box on the passenger side in the front of the bed. I saw a bed for sale the other day with this that had been converted to a trailer. I got all excited until I saw that the bed was rusted out. But anywho, definatly a nice truck. I like supercabs that are lifted high but not to high, like this.YelloThumbUp

chuck101st

Springfield XD-9
Downs,IL.
O.k O.k.. Maybe I used the wrong terminology. It is probably a S.C..

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
YES CC's were available in 4wd...but they were all short bed's. I thought that was the point of Cheeto's build was so he could have a long bed CC.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Last edited:

bucks77ford

We will Rise Again
I love that truck also. The S.C gives the truck a whole new meaning of "meanness", especially because it's lifted. I would have to say that if I had the choice between a regular cab and an S.C, I'd go with the S.C. Around my area, there are just not enough parts in junkyards for S.Cs or Crews.

the crews were not available 4wd, not sure about the sc...

They both were available in 4wd.

I don't think you could get a 350 CC 4x4 in 79...but don't quote me on that. Also all 4x4 CC's were shortbeds.

You couldn't, 79 4x4 crewcabs were only available in a 150/250 model. Only F-350's for 79 were a regular cab or a supercab.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
You couldn't, 79 4x4 crewcabs were only available in a 150/250 model. Only F-350's for 79 were a regular cab or a supercab.

Alright that's what I thought. But I do have a question...Did they really make a dentside 150 CC? Much less a dentside 150 CC 4x4? Did Ford EVER make a FACTORY 150 CC? I always thought CC's were only 250/350's and CC 4x4's were only 250's during the dentside era. And does anyone know the first year for a CC 350 4x4?

Just noticed this thread. Many many thanks for the kudos...she does right by me and I do right by her. Still wanna do a few things to her but all in all she's pretty much where I want her...purdy after a wash and rough enough to hit the trails lol

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts