Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Finally had to do it!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I had to pretty up my baby and click some pics! oh and I got some new graphics too!
smiliegitrdone

CIMG0103.jpg

CIMG0104.jpg

CIMG0105.jpg

CIMG0106.jpg

CIMG0107.jpg

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Thanks guys its getting there now if I could just get the hinges for the doors! LOL

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
That be nise

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Hate them with a passion brother and will never buy another set again! Now let me tell you how I really feel. LOL No I have had alot of trouble with belts.

Bob I am all for it if you think mine is worth showin'!

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Tom your alright I don't care what they say about you!

Lost

PA Chapter leader
central PA
I'm not into graphics but when done with class. Looks good . You truck is looking good.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
10 supposedly.

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
Looking good Doc - next summer we need to go to some car shows with both our trucks. :cooldude: YelloThumbUp

We need to get back to doing our monthly get together. Maybe next year we could get a monthly FTF cruise night going. We're not big enough to do a car show but a cruise night would get our name out there and help draw new members. We would just need to find a location and get the word out. There are a few sites around that have local cruise night's info on them.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Every SAT evening at the Burger King in Villa Ridge there is a cruise night and anyone is welcome to attend, I have thought about going just to see the cars and park the truck. May have to do that befor the end of the season!

I am waiting to see the doors go the wrong way too. That will be different. I think the gull wings like the '55 Mercedes had would be cool too.

Cruise nights are a lot of fun. People generally are friendly and love to sit around and talk vehicles. If you can organize one of those in your area...and attract an old vehicle and hotrod crowd...it will do well. It is not likely to work if it is just Ford or just trucks though.

Talk to a local A&W, Sonic, or some other type of local drive in. They usually love to host them...makes them cash!

I have seen a few real small towns host them. The vehicles park along main street. The shops there (especially cafes) do well.

I do not like car shows though. People are there competing with each other over a plastic trophy (probably made in china). None of them (or at least most) will not talk to the guy parked next to them. It is a whole different attitude than those who drive theirs.

I hit every cruise or cruise in that I can afford to attend. I will be driving somewhere around 5 hours each way to the one this weekend over in Kansas (plus the hotel, food, etc). I am only going because of the caravan up with the truck club. That is a blast!!!

That will be my big trip this month (probably).

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
The cruises are pretty good, nice and laid back. I can catch one a weekend around here, if I remember they are going on. Usually put on by a local club with any vehicles welcome. Their is one that has a restriction on age of vehicle, I think they have to be 25 years or older.

Done right a cruise night could help spread the word about the site.

The club I am in here (natural state rod and custom) has at least one a month. Sometimes two of the cruise ins. They have an actual cruise for club members only, but...you can invite guests to join in as well. No age on the cars...just anyone who enjoys old vehicles.

As far as the cruise ins...they are open to any make, model, or year. Find a location...find a time...then advertise. Contact local car clubs, place an add in the newspaper (most have a free section for community events), print up fliers (take to local garages, parts houses, speed shops, gas station/c-stores, etc), post the fliers on bulletin boards in grocery stores or wherever has them.

Some radio stations will announce community events as well.

Make sure they know the cruise in is not a money making venture. Anything free most places will help with. You might even get a sponsor for the cruise in itself, although usually the restaurant you park at is the sponsor.

Also...in some areas the car clubs have websites with events posted on them. Ask the clubs to help advertise as well. Get a nice site banner printed up. Shine up your ford vehicles and park them by the banner.

Then the fun part...contact local businesses for goodies. Stickers, pens, note pads, key rings, and other advertising junk. Give a goodie bag to the first 50 people who show up.

Advertise, advertise, advertise.

You can make one grow fast...if you (and the other members in your area) are willing to put some work into it.

Around here...that would probably not work. There are way too many cruises and cruise ins in the area already. I attend a lot, but miss the vast majority of them. There are several this weekend I will not be attending.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts