Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

The "Everyday show truck"

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
The title might not be the best but here we go. I want my truck to be almost show quality but something that is practical to drive everday. So I need to find a few more unique features that will help my truck stand out from the crowd. I probably won't be doing anything right away but would like to start getting a plan together. I want people to say "wow" when they see my truck and then really make them say "wow" when they see the fine detals.

Let me here your ideas and suggestions. YelloThumbUp

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I believe you have about 10 years worth of wrecks saved up to drive around safely for a long time. You'd have to do something with the paint... I'd say some kind of soft gold clear coat over your blue.

Ryan

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
are you gonna be on a budget or not? do you want mild or wild? how bout post a pic of your truck to help out

do you want a daily driver that you can still move furniture, haul stuff etc?

Last edited:

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
are you gonna be on a budget or not? do you want mild or wild? how bout post a pic of your truck to help out

do you want a daily driver that you can still move furniture, haul stuff etc?

I plan on keeping this truck for a long time so time and budget aren't really a big thing. Some of the more expensive items will take longer to do.

I want mild as I am not a real wild kinda guy. Check the pick and you should get a good feel for my taste.

I do still want to be able to use it as a truck and haul stuff or pull stuff with it. I currently have a plastic bedliner that was in it when I purchased it. A spray in bedliner is planned for the future though.

100_0952.jpg

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
well i would go with a grille and matching insert for the bumper from trenz. they do awesome billet grille and quality is #1. i was going to say projector headlights and led tailights but you have already done lighting mods. i would go for a line x bed liner because i want to say they have more color choices.also you could do another set of rims maybe no more than 20's for the sunny months. also get a air bag setup and you can get a better ride stance to go with those 20's and jack it up for winter months.

also paint wise, i would either do a purple pearl or a blue pearl. to me gold might clash with the chrome goodies.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
How bout some ghost flames and a picture of a big skull on the hood. I mean those two things right there say "You had better respect me!"

Swap out the paddle mirrors for a set of the tow mirrors. I think they add to the big truck mistique.

If chrome was your thing you could do the billet door handles, gas cap, grill and even chrome out the badges. I think a little accetone will polish them up real nice.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
Hood Scoop, neons, remove decals, grill, lift, tires, Black out windows, AND SOME FTF STICKERS!!!!!!YelloThumbUp

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
BUMPERS!! Nothing over done, but a nice looking one that doesn't hide the grill, but protects and looks beefy. Both front and back.

Maybe one like the following:
f150_stealth_big.jpg

OF COURSE, nothing will make your truck look so good to your WIFE as to get her that Mustang...

Do something...two-tone, stripes, painted (pearl) ghost flames and re-clear...something to break up the solid paint color. There are a lot of solid color trucks around. You want to stand out from them.

You better sign the paperwork on that stang first though.

Hell Scott, I think the local dealers are running a sale on red and white convertibles. Ford shipped a bunch in for the Cardinals to ride into the stadium on....go on in and getcha one!!!

Last edited:

blacksnapon

Staff member
I have seen only once (on an older corvette) Custom fabricated lookalike WOODEN bumpers. The man went to a woodworker, and had him make front and rear bumper, wooden beer keg centers, and steering wheel. They were gorgeous!

03Explorer

Missouri Chapter member
OF COURSE, nothing will make your truck look so good to your WIFE as to get her that Mustang...

I like the way you think. YelloThumbUp

yeah, she really wants that Mustang.

I will get it before you get your next new truck. :redface:

Hell Scott, I think the local dealers are running a sale on red and white convertibles. Ford shipped a bunch in for the Cardinals to ride into the stadium on....go on in and getcha one!!!

Red is not really my color. I tend to have a lead foot. I don't really want to draw too much attention to myself. If you know what I mean.

that won't work. She knows exactly what she wants and that isn't it. YelloThumbUp

I do know exactly what I want. I have the picture on my computer and I will be taking it to the dealer when I order mine!!!!

Uh oh...I smell a special order coming up. Get ready to fork out lots of $$$$:rofl:

I sort of did that with the 89 ranger I bought new. I got a dealer brochure, picked out everything I wanted (paint colors, interior, engine, trans, t-case, wheels, etc.), then started calling dealers.

They all made me the same offer on a truck that was in licking MO. I knew where it was. :redface:

Anyway, a dealer in Little Rock messed up and gave me a lot lower price. I picked it up in licking and drove it to Little Rock to buy it. Heck of a test drive!!!!

Now...go hunt down your special mustang. YelloThumbUp

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts