Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

SCT Programer

Well I finally did it. I bought an SCT x3 yesterday with 3 custom tunes. Should be in by Wendsday or Thursday. Cant wait to hook her up and see what she does. I got the 87 daily/economy 91 Tow and 91 performance.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Damn you and your OBD-II :( I sooo wish I could install awesome mods like that, but they just don't make any fun multi-tune chips for OBD-I :(

Be sure to update us on how it turns out :)

Bloodhound

Oilfield Trash
I don't know how much it will help your gasser but I love it on my 6.0. I just picked up another xcal2 off of Ebay for my wifes excursion.

fords4life91

"The best NEVER rest"
Awesome man!! From what ive heard its gonna make a pretty good difference in power! And if you don't mind me asking... how much did it cost???

fords4life91

"The best NEVER rest"
Damn you and your OBD-II :( I sooo wish I could install awesome mods like that, but they just don't make any fun multi-tune chips for OBD-I :(

Be sure to update us on how it turns out :)

YA i know it sucks big time!!:( But I do remember mike telling me that they do make something like that for our year trucks?? You will have to ask him tho I don't remember what brand he said it was??:headbang:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
YA i know it sucks big time!!:( But I do remember mike telling me that they do make something like that for our year trucks?? You will have to ask him tho I don't remember what brand he said it was??:headbang:
We've got both ends of the spectrum... There's a piggy back chip for the computer which only offers 1 tune, no 3-position switch or anything fancy like that; this is what I've got on my truck, a Superchips 1100.

Then at the other end of the spectrum there's something like a TwEECer, which allows you to customize EACH engine/trans parameter manually.

What I'd like to have, is just a 3-position switch where I can switch-on-the-fly between eco/tow/extreme, and as far as I know, there's nothing like that offered.

Last edited:

fords4life91

"The best NEVER rest"
........so when you gonna order a supercharger?? You will have "full pulls" all day long then!!smilietease lol

Well ya it wont be much hp or torque i think they said like 46 hp or something like that i forget the torque but it cost me 380 shipped. So ya it was pricy but i think it was worth it lol. Well if you buy me the supercharger I will put it on how about that lol. That would be sweet but they want way to much money. And now I bought this I had to take my truck in to the dealer today cause i rolled down the window to get the dew off this morning on the driver and passanger one and only the driver one came up. Let me tell you it was a cold ride in even with the heat blasting. Lol. So my chip will prolly be here wednesday and my luck no truck to test it out with lol

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hey f150_fx4, I've been meaning to ask... How old are you? I can't seem to figure out if you're 20 or 70. I had you pinned for a younger guy but you've got quite a bit of money at your disposal. If you're my age then you need to teach me your money making secret :rofl:

Michigan
Wow you pinned 20 right on the dot!

He works hard for his money. Im sure thats his secret lol Hey blaise when u gonna get me a job where you work! lol jk

Michigan
O and a drive to beat an old powerstroke in a drag race :p lol

lol ya skandocious u are right I am 20. I am a union carpenter. I make almost 20 a hour and still live at home. So my weekly pay check pretty much go straight into the bank except for gas. I goto work like 50 minutes away but car pool with 5 other ppl so i pay 20 a week so I have lots of money to spend lol. I dont plan on buying anything else anytime soon though. I got pretty much everything I want. I mean I would like to buy chrome bar inserts for my grill and led tail lights but that can wait for a while. Mike I will try but no gurantees. lol

o and mike sorry about your luck they really aint going to be hiring much this year are estimate for workers this year in october is suppose to be around 100 maybe less instead of 300

Michigan
haha np man, i was just throwin that out there lol. You never know! Your mods list in your sig is growing lol

well I got it today. I plugged it in put it on 91 performance lowered the spark and used midgrade. This truck really woke up now she moves quickly. I love it so far. Didnt drive it to much yet. But this weekend Im going up north and pulling a pop up camper I know it aint much but we will see how it does on gas. Wish I had a little more of a challenge to pull lol. O well.

Michigan
lol heck yea man. Have fun with the tuner!

Well just got back from up north pulling the pop up camper. Ya it wasnt big but it didnt suck as much gas as I thought. It was 80 one way and we had to come back yesterday didnt pull the camper and went back so I went about 320 miles 160 pulling the camper and all together used about a half tank. So not to bad I didnt think.

Gofasterdammit

Certified Ford Tech
I just picked up an 08' FX4 and I'm partial to SCT over Edge. Who should I get one from if I want custom tunes already preloaded without having to dynotune the truck?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts