Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

I need some Pics

Michigan
Hey, I want to do the E fan (Argument not needed again lol) And i had a 11 inch fan which apparently wonte flow enough.... Well i got a text message and my crazy cousin has a buddy whos tauras got rear ended so my cousin knew i was looking for fans and he got both of them for free. They are the twin im guessing 11 inch fans, i still have to check them out and pic them up. But I know Skan has the tauras fan, but do you have the dual fan setup? Can anyone get pictures of they're E fan Setups? Thanks alot.

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
Here's my E-fan. It's not controlled by the thermostat. Just an on/off switch with speed control.

efan.jpg

SORRY!!!!! I couldn't resist. :p

Michigan
haha nice one. My buddy has a Fan controller that hes giving to me for free. Now i just need to buy the wiring kit and i can install them. Hey surewhynot did you just grab your camera and take a random pic of a fan in your house?....... LMAO you guys got to much time on your hands!

Last edited:
Taurus fans eh? I'll be watching this thread... smiliegitrdone

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hahahahahahha Tony you just took the cake brother. That one was on the very few times on this site where I've completely laughed out loud. Reps comin' your way.

Back on topic. Mike, my fan is a SINGLE fan setup, and the infamous taurus fan that should be used is a SINGLE fan (mine), not a dual. Make sure the fan is coming from a 3.8L engine (doesn't necessarily have to be a Taurus). The Lincoln equivalent and also the T-bird with the 3.8L have very comparable fans. In fact I've heard the Lincoln one is a bit better than the taurus. He's some pics of mine:

DSC00755.jpg

DSC00756.jpg

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
. Hey surewhynot did you just grab your camera and take a random pic of a fan in your house?....... LMAO you guys got to much time on your hands!

Yup. I did. lol. I need some more hobbies. :p

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Also, you'll notice mine doesn't cover the whole grill.... I've seen a few crazy off-roaders install dual taurus fan setups (turned upright, with the shroud trimmed a bit), which covered almost the entire radiator... But that would suck entirely too much juiced from the charging system, and 1 fan cools my near-stock engine PLENTY (and then some). My only regret is mounting it so low... The aux trans cooler is mounted at the top passenger side of my radiator so the fan shroud only covers a few square inches of the overlap for the trans cooler... No problems so far, but when I get a new cooler (soon) I'm going to remedy this issue.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hey Chris, that prong on the far left sticking into the rad.. is that the temperature sensor?
Yes sir, that's the temp probe. Works surprisingly well. It's hooked up to an adjustable thermostatic switch; adjusts with a flathead screwdriver over a range of something crazy like 200 degrees.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
It's not really a 'harness'... I basically designed the whole system from scratch and wired it manually, there's no brain or processor or anything involved here. The thermostatic switch that I used it exactly that, just a switch. It's got a hot (+) wire and a ground (-) wire, and the the wire for the temp probe. When the temp for that probe reaches a certain point the switch closes and gives power to the inductive circuit on the relay, which closes the circuit in the relay and distributes power to the fan ;) Sound complicated? Maybe this will clear things up:

FinalCircuitLowspeed.jpg

Crap maybe I confused you more :D Anyways, that's the circuit that I CREATED and used. I'll take credit where it's due, I made that circuit all on my own, with the help of a few others :)

Michigan
WTF! I cant win! Im gonna use both of them dammit! lol

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Thanks, Chris. When I get my hands on it I might have to ask you a few more in depth questions. I've never been very good at electrical stuff so yea.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah it looks complicated but it's really not. My favorite part about doing this mod was that, before I started I knew NOTHING about electrical stuff. I was asking questions like "whats a relay" and "what are all the prongs for". By the end of the project, I was surfing electrical stores in Sacramento asking for a "single pole double throw relay" and the guys in the stores were givin' ME the stinkeye like I was speaking Japanese. Point is, I learned A LOT. That's what I enjoy so much about working on my truck is learning and expanding my knowledge. Hence the reason I'm on these damned forums so much :D

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts