Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Looking to get the neighbors '64 F-100

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
So I've been looking at this truck in the field across from us for years and I am finally taking action and going to look and see if they will part with it. It's got the 6 cylinder and I know it hasn't run in over 20 years. I'm not sure how bad the other mechanical/electrical condition is but the body looks pretty sound. Hoping to get it for $100 since it is just wasting away.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Here are a few pic's I took today
F-100_001.jpg

F-100_002.jpg

F-100_003.jpg

F-100_004.jpg

what do you guys think would be a reasonable price to pay for this truck? Wasn't able to look at the interior very well, but saw lots of junk. The engine is complete, it's a six but don't know the cubic inches.

BuzzGun79

Nov.TOTM 2012 / 2012 TOTY
its not my intention to deter you Roy...But if it was me,i would pick this thing apart make a list of the seen things it will need.does the engine turn over?...as for the unseen figure on replacing/rebuilding the underneath components as well as the engine compartment,body and interior,do your homework then go from there.you dont want to bite off more than you can chew..as for a price to pay,its worth scrap price imo but ask yourself how much are you willing to invest in this project?How bad do you want it? (commitment to the project) there is a lot of work to be done there Roy in all seriousness, even if you did it all yourself its going to get pricey...Good luck! :)

Last edited:

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Roy, the grill would suggest it's a '63....

Here's what a '64 looks like...

259003.jpg
thanks Brad, the Gen.4's are all new to me. Wish the truck in the bushes looked like the picture you posted, wow!
its not my intention to deter you Roy...But if it was me,i would pick this thing apart make a list of the seen things it will need.does the engine turn over?...as for the unseen figure on replacing/rebuilding the underneath components as well as the engine compartment,body and interior,do your homework then go from there.you dont want to bite off more than you can chew..as for a price to pay,its worth scrap price imo but ask yourself how much are you willing to invest in this project?How bad do you want it? (commitment to the project) there is a lot of work to be done there Roy in all seriousness, even if you did it all yourself its going to get pricey...Good luck! :)
thanks for all the info Bob, that really helps. Worse case I would like to have it as a piece of lawn art for the entrance to the farm. Was thinking of a Ford tractor, but I like the idea of the truck better, because, well...I'm a Fanatic :)
Round taillights also indicate a 63, rather than a 64.
thanks Doug, I was looking at images last night and I know it's not the custom model :( but hey, I think it's still got that cool factor, and I have been seeing it just go to waste for the last 13 years!!

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
20 years in a field , would be mighty rusty in these parts.. Good luck.

Out here there'd be nothing left.

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

taxreliever

Licensed to Represent!
Maine
Like Bob said, scrap.....but for $100 I don't think you can go wrong.

Sent from my not so smart phone using Forum Runner! :)

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Thanks Andy, I haven't heard from them yet on whether they will sell it. I wasn't able to open the doors but hoping the floor is in ok shape. It's buried in blackberries, I want to just go there and cut them away but maybe better in my favor to leave it like it is till I get the ok to have.

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
So just heard back from the neighbor who has the F-100. They want $300 firm for it. They said it ran 20 years ago so the truck is complete. The body looks ok from what I can see. I will cut the blackberries away to have a better look. What do you guys think of paying $300 for it. I know it will need lots of work but this truck has been staring at me for many years, lol.

Roy, it is worth what YOU'RE willing to pay for it. just make sure they have the title before you buy it.

smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid - Roy if you buy it and even if it turns out to be the rust bucket from hell it's still an excuse to buy another truck like it to make one out of two ..... you can never have enough trucks smilieFordlogo

Beach66Bum

Top Poster Of Month
Roy, it is worth what YOU'RE willing to pay for it. just make sure they have the title before you buy it.
yes, I was thinking about that Doug, and if there are keys it would be a bonus.
smilieIagree smiliewhathesaid - Roy if you buy it and even if it turns out to be the rust bucket from hell it's still an excuse to buy another truck like it to make one out of two ..... you can never have enough trucks smilieFordlogo
Exactly!!!!! hahaha :) I've been all over the web images of this truck all week!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts