Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Prayers needed desperately...

Fellro

Staff member
Well, Carl, you are no longer alone in the cancer loss fight. It's my turn. My wife has found out she has a lot of it, and has been told basically 3 months to maybe 2 years. They are going to try a few things, but it is advanced enough, success chances aren't real good.
With that, one of the things she has always wanted to do, but hasn't gotten the chance to, is go to Disney World. She's a major Mickey fan, but has never gotten the chance to go due to schedule or finances or both. Really don't have the money, but I will find a way. Same on the time, I will make it happen. Keep us in your prayers, it's all I have left. Thanks.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Wow Roger... Thats terrible :( I'm really sorry to hear it. My prayers are with you guys. Don't give up on the fight. I've heard countless stories of people who were told they had weeks to live and stretched it to many years through strength and perseverance. Keep your head up and live life to the fullest, that's the best thing you can do for your wife now.

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Damn, I'm sorry to hear that, Roger. :( She, you and your family have my prayers.

I'm sure you'll find a way to get to Disney, and it'll be well worth the money and time.

I can't find words worth much, so I'll stop here.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Yes, that is terrible news, but as Chris said, you gotta stay positive. I've had friends with Cancer and it always seems that the ones with the positive attitude are the ones that survive and pull through. I think the power of the mind is the most amazing healing power we have. That said, you and your wife will still be in my families thoughts and prayers!!

Fellro

Staff member
At this point, she is planning to stick with her school all the same. She isn't planning to give up, and we are going to do what we can within reason to beat this, helps that I have my family close to help, hers used to be close to us, but weren't much help, we are in a much better place for assistance now. They can deal with the guilt of knowing they weren't much help... I'm sure they will want to now, when it is serious, instead of when it is just family... anyway...
I know she won't let me quit school either, and what good would that serve anyway? I'm sick of being broke, and the only way to change that is to keep going...
Seems lately if it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck.. All my school books, calculator, prescription reading glasses appear to have been stolen, as noone has turned them in as found, and I can't say for certain when they disappeared, but I know what day. So I have lost all my notes for the semester, plus had to dish out $137 today for books again, and still have another to go at $145, but I think I will be getting the ISBN and see if I can't find it somewhere else, the other two I had to have NOW, as I have homework to do that wouldn't let me wait. I lost my rough draft to the paper that was due today, but at least the professor is cool about it, and will let me turn it in by Friday. (I hand write my rough drafts..)Then my pup that was to have her first litter in a few weeks gets out because the snow drifts run a couple inches from the top of the fence, and the prick neighbor apparently shot her. The dog was less than 15 pounds, what the hell could she have hurt? Well, it seems this is a pattern, and the sheriff is investigating, and should they catch the guy doing it, he is already up to 12 felony counts for this crap. Then my stupid BIL blew the head gaskets out of my van because he was too ignorant to realize that getting a vehicle stuck in the snow drifts could perhaps get snow stuck in front of the radiator, and that the temp gauge was meant to be actually looked at... He didn't realize there was a problem until the heater blew cold... I have never met someone who could have the reverse of a Midas touch, he manages to destroy everything he runs... now this.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
OUr prayers are with you brother, let us know if there is anything we can do!

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
You are in my prayers , and If anything I can do to help , just ask. It's a tough fight but a winnable one, just stay strong.

Mike

89frankenford

Grabber Green Consultant
NH
im very sorry to hear about all that is happening. :( :( just remember, stay strong, keep your head up high and remember that everything will turn out for the good!! my prayers are with you!

TheRoadVirus

High-Steppin' Mo-Sheen
Very sad to hear, I hope the tide begins to turn in your favor, sounds like you could sure use it. Good luck with everything.

95F350XL

Master Junk Tech
My prayers are with you also Roger, keep your head up.

I don't know what to say other than what has already been said.

I have had a rough couple of weeks and have been feeling sorry for myself. What I am dealing with is nothing in comparison. Try to keep both of your spirits up. Keep attending school. That (and faith) helped me pull through some really serious health problems.

If you didn't already know...I was completely paralyzed and in a nursing home at age 29. I am 41 now and still kicking.

E-mail me if you need someone to talk to. blb1408 (at) hotmail (dot) com. That is my msn address too.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Roger, I too am sorry to hear this. You and your wife will be in our prayers.

If there's anything else we can do to help just say it.
Tim

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts