Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Hey Skan! What do you think?

ACarbone624

I Love My Ford Truck!
Took off my camper shell.....Isn't she sexy! :WooHoo:

100_4130.jpg

msb71

Virginia Chapter Leader
Hampton,VA
Looks great Anthony, gives your truck alot flavor, I recommend a full tailgate cover , makes your tailgate indestructable.

I see Chris beat me to it.

Mike

ACarbone624

I Love My Ford Truck!
I already have a full bedliner with the cover on the tailgate. I like the way Chris' looks though. I love shiny metal!

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I already have a full bedliner with the cover on the tailgate. I like the way Chris' looks though. I love shiny metal!
I've got Line-X up the tailgate too, but the full tailgate protector versus just the 'cap' is much better look, and it will protect your tailgates from dents. And yes, these tailgates CAN dent. My brother's has a huge wallop in it. Here's what the full tailgate protector looks like on my truck:
DSC00973.jpg

ACarbone624

I Love My Ford Truck!
Looks good Chris. Thanks for the part numbers. Oh yeah, nice rooster!

My paint was all scuffed up and a few chips of paint were missing on my bed rails when I took the top off. How did your looks?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
My paint was all scuffed up and a few chips of paint were missing on my bed rails when I took the top off. How did your looks?
Same :( Scuffed, chipped in a few places, had some good dents there too. Oh and the shine on the paint had been worn off in most places. That's why I chose to get those bed rail caps. And I figured I'd get the tailgate cap while I was at it, to make it all match and look nice :)

DeeZee also makes NON diamond plate caps (just chrome) and a few other things. Check out their website to see what's available for your truck:
http://deezee.r-catalog.com/

Click "Lookup By Vehicle" at the top right.

ACarbone624

I Love My Ford Truck!
Man, I love those mirror finish bed rails. I just buffed my bed and it came out pretty good. Got a lot of the scuffs out, but I'm gonna end up getting those covers so i don't see the big chips of paint missing. LMC has the stainless mirror finish ones for $99. Not a bad deal.

EDIT: here is a pic of my bed and bedliner.

100_4134.jpg

Last edited:

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Bed rails look nice 'cept for those chips :( I see what you're talking about with the tailgate protector now. You've got a dropin bedliner, though you had a spray in like mine.

ACarbone624

I Love My Ford Truck!
Yeah, I've got those chips on both sides in the same spot. Must have been something on the campershell like a rivet or something that wore right through. Bed rails look pretty good. There is a scuffed line along the entire bed rail. Its not too noticeable since I buffed them.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Yeah mine looked like hell, especially with white paint. So I was itchin' to get those bed caps ever since I took the shell off. And the great part is that if I ever put the shell back on it should be able to set right on top of the caps :)

ACarbone624

I Love My Ford Truck!
I just got a heads up from my brother that Tractor Supply sells those bed rail caps. I'm heading there tomorrow to see what I can find.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts