Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

finally got my truck

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
and the overdrive still doesn't appear to be working. Before when I would get her up to about 45 in 2nd, let off the accelerator, it would jump to what felt like a 2nd gear override, then in 3rd if I punched it while going, say, 55 it would bump into what felt like a passing gear...

The steering wheel is not centered correctly, and whenever I turn the steering wheel I hear something that sounds like it is clicking on the steering shaft under the hood...

He did tell me he painted the oil pan for me. Was thinking obviously it would be Ford blue... Nope, black as hell... I can live with that for now, it is the OD and the fact that the turn signal isn't there that I'm having issues with... He told me about the turn signal and that he ordered a new one that should be here soon...

The Modulator may be faulty or there could be a vacuum hose off of it

From left hand side of the trans

Supposed to have a vacuum line attached to it

Yes..........................

Post a little more about your truck wareagle. The modulator only applies to an auto, and (unless you've swapped one in) there was no auto w/ overdrive available in these years. What tranny do you have?

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
The Modulator [confused] may be faulty or there could be a vacuum hose [confused] off of it
:rotz: (sigh) What modulator valve? Where? Ditto for the supposed vacuum hose. This is not an A/T, so...there are no such things!

Look at the pic of the O/D unit you posted in the OP's "Sprag" thread (post #14). Do you see a mod valve or any vacuum hose? No, of course not, cuz there ain't any.

The OP's truck has the Borg Warner T-85N 3 speed Manual Transmission w/Overdrive. Optional on 1965/71 F100's ('55/56 Packard, 1942/48 Lincoln and etc). (4 speed TS O/D not introduced until 1978).

O/D is supposed to kick in around 25-30 MPH when you lift your foot off the gas pedal. When punching the pedal, it kicks out till you lift your foot off the pedal....then it kicks back in.

On the O/D unit is a solenoid and a governor. On the firewall behind the air cleaner is the O/D relay. Above the gas pedal is the O/D kickdown switch.

wareagle: What turn signal part did the MORON order? If the TSS (DOTZ13341B)...It's still available from Ford.

MSRP: $61.98 // PARTSGUYED.COM price: $44.63. // Fits: 1969 F100/350 from serial number G30,001 & 1970/72 F100/350.

The swishing you hear from the column is likely a bad upper and/or lower steering column bearing-both available from Ford.

Last edited:
No where in the OP on ths thread does it mention an M/T

It mentions Overdrive (possible AOD or EAOD)

Or mentions Passing gear (found on A/T's)

Why would I know it was an M/T from another thread ?

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
wareagle: What turn signal part did the MORON order? If the TSS (DOTZ13341B)...It's still available from Ford.

MSRP: $61.98 // PARTSGUYED.COM price: $44.63. // Fits: 1969 F100/350 from serial number G30,001 & 1970/72 F100/350.

The swishing you hear from the column is likely a bad upper and/or lower steering column bearing-both available from Ford.

Hey Bill, got the part in today and the part# is C9TZ-13341-C 68-72 PU W/O CRUISE TURN SIGNAL SWITCH. Saw the old one in the cab of the truck and what I think is the turn signal handle wrapped up in plastic. One of his mechanics explained to me how to install the new switch over the phone last week and said it would take about 10 minutes. However, since I have never done this, I would welcome any detailed instructions on replacing it.

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
No where in the OP on ths thread does it mention an M/T

It mentions Overdrive (possible AOD or EAOD)

Or mentions Passing gear (found on A/T's)

Why would I know it was an M/T from another thread ?

Sorry, that was my fault for not mentioning I had the Borg Warner T85N O/D
3 speed manual tranny. I figured I had mentioned it enough in other threads that it was understood.

Part #'s and Identification numbers are/can be different.

The part # will appear on a sticker .
The IDent number will be on the part.

Sorry, that was my fault for not mentioning I had the Borg Warner T85N O/D
3 speed manual tranny. I figured I had mentioned it enough in other threads that it was understood.

I have for a long time felt ...The writer should do most of the work..not the reader.

My Mom explained that to me.

I make mistrakes too ..accept them and move on ;)

Okay back to the topic

I have to start over ;)

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Part #'s and Identification numbers are/can be different.

The part # will appear on a sticker .
The IDent number will be on the part.

unfortunately, there is no part# on the part, but I can try to describe it.

It has 7 wires and metal piece about an inch long coming out of it that has about a quarter inch niple on the end. in the middle of the metal piece is a hole that appears to be what the blinker lever screws into.

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Hey Bill, got the part in today and the part# is C9TZ-13341-C 68-72 [confused] PU W/O CRUISE TURN SIGNAL SWITCH.
??? Whoever gave you those applications should be nominated for the "Don't know sh** from shinola" award.
The MORON ordered the WRONG TSS!!! It does not fit a 1970!

C9TZ-13341-C fits: 1965/66 F100/250 2WD / 1966 F100 4WD / 1967/68 F100/350 / 1969 F100/350 before serial number G30,001.

Did you read post #11? I listed the correct TSS for your truck: DOTZ-13341-B = 1969 F100/350 from serial number G30,001 & 1970/72 F100/350.

Dennis: You have no excuse. wareagle asked you to post a pic of the O/D unit (which you did). So...you knew from the get go what type of trans wareagle has...T85N 3 speed Manual with O/D.

What 1970 anything came witjh an AOD or E4OD? Nothing. No AOD's in trucks until 1982 (cars 1980), no E4OD until 1989 (trucks only).

(sigh) :rotz:

Last edited:

wareagle

War Eagle
Hickory, NC
Can I not catch a break?????

I just left the 2nd voice mail for the guy... He was supposed to put in the cab the governor and solenoid (?) from the other tranny, but they are not there...

And the f'ing horn doesn't work...

And Bill, the new switch I got looks just like the one he pulled and left inside the cab of my truck.

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts