Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Truck!

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Not yet... :D

They guy I bought my dent from has a gen 7 that he wants me to buy.

Specs: 351w, new paint, new front and rear ends, awesome condition.

Oh, and its a 4x4. F-250, I think.

Comments, questions, concerns?

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
TTB front...don't be expecting to go with too big of a lift or tires. Beyond that, should be a good truck. Should have the C6 behind the 351 as well.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
TTB front...don't be expecting to go with too big of a lift or tires. Beyond that, should be a good truck. Should have the C6 behind the 351 as well.

Anything beyond a 4" lift and 35's calls for an SAS.

If it's an 80-81,Swiss Cheese Frame.Look at the frame and see if there's a bunch of holes drilled in it.There isn't anything wrong with that,until the truck is in a wreck.The frame is pretty mush trash after a wreck.

Check the cowl for excess leaves.Leaves pile up on both sides of the truck in the cowl vents,and One,cause a disgusting smell,and Two,are a fire risk because of the wires that run through the cowl vents.

Hidden rust.This is a problem with any vehicle.Just because it looks rust free,doesn't mean it is.

If both the front and rear ends were swapped,be sure that the ratios match up.

That's all I can think of now,but i'm sure i'll think of more later.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA

Thinking 4 inches, max. Good price, but only 1 issue; I'd have to sell the dent.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Anything beyond a 4" lift and 35's calls for an SAS.

If it's an 80-81,Swiss Cheese Frame.Look at the frame and see if there's a bunch of holes drilled in it.There isn't anything wrong with that,until the truck is in a wreck.The frame is pretty mush trash after a wreck.

Check the cowl for excess leaves.Leaves pile up on both sides of the truck in the cowl vents,and One,cause a disgusting smell,and Two,are a fire risk because of the wires that run through the cowl vents.

Hidden rust.This is a problem with any vehicle.Just because it looks rust free,doesn't mean it is.

If both the front and rear ends were swapped,be sure that the ratios match up.

That's all I can think of now,but i'm sure i'll think of more later.

Thanks for the info. The truck has spent most of its life in a garage, so it should be good to go. The owner has an automotive shop.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thinking 4 inches, max. Good price, but only 1 issue; I'd have to sell the dent.

Oh...I thought you meant in addition to the dent. If you have to sell, there are alot of other vehicles out there I'd rather have.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
The only reason I would sell the dent and get the 7th gen is if it has really low mileage and was in better condition.We need pics before a final opinion can be made.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Well, the mindset here is:

The truck is low mile, better condition, all stock parts

I can keep it up ad hold on to it, rather than be fixing up the dent to get it back to good condition.

I still need a truck, for the utility aspect, as well as I want 4x4.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
What's the price? As I said...I'd want something besides a gen 7...and depending on the price of the truck in question, you may be able to find something better.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
What's the price? As I said...I'd want something besides a gen 7...and depending on the price of the truck in question, you may be able to find something better.

Roughly 4-5k, he doesn't have anything set right now.

I have a liking towards the 7th gen, but something like a 9th would be nice...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Not no, but hell no...4-5k is a metric $hit ton of cash for a gen 7. Only way I'd pay that is if it's in the same condition or better than Taylor's Bronco was. You can buy a whole lotta rig for 4-5k. Hell, on one of my local sites, there's a guy selling a 95 350 reg cab 4x4 with a 460 with an asking price of $4500.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Not no, but hell no...4-5k is a metric $hit ton of cash for a gen 7. Only way I'd pay that is if it's in the same condition or better than Taylor's Bronco was. You can buy a whole lotta rig for 4-5k. Hell, on one of my local sites, there's a guy selling a 95 350 reg cab 4x4 with a 460 with an asking price of $4500.

Here's a quick assortment of the classifieds on my local site...not all 4x4's and whatnot, but just to give you an idea of what you can get and for what:

78 150 on 44's $4kish:
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=93988&page=2

88 350 dually diesel $2200:
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94222

95 350 (the truck I mentioned) $4300:
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94317

97 350 SC dually with 460 $4300:
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=94224

And for reference, here's what a 77 F100 is going for in these parts:
http://www.nc4x4.com/forums/showthread.php?t=91366

^^^Body isn't great, but I know it's a good runner.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I thought you wanted a 4x4...and I bet that's actually 181k. And then you'll have a frickin goose neck hitch in your way when you're trying to use the bed.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
I thought you wanted a 4x4...and I bet that's actually 181k. And then you'll have a frickin goose neck hitch in your way when you're trying to use the bed.

All things I thought when I saw it... But for some reason, I like it. I'll find something else...

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
^^^As I've told you before young padawan...you seem to have no direction as to what you want...but you just gotta have whatever 'it' is. Maybe cash burning a hole in your pocket, change of scenary...I dunno. But write down a list of what you will require for you next vehicle. Then write down a list of wants for your next vehicle. Then figure a price you'd be willing to if that vehicle meets all your wants and needs, then figure a price if it just meets your needs. Then start lookign at/for rigs that fit those criteria. You gotta have a plan or everything will be a f***ed up.

Ford Truck Articles