Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Dennis... if you could please help for a friend of mine.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Ok or any of yall that can find some of these parts.

My friend levi is having big time trouble finding these parts for his pickup. or he finds it and they send him the wrong part..

Stats:
85 F150.
300 I6 1 bbl
T-18 Borg Warner W/Granny Low
front and rear tanks both 19 Gallon
Reg Cab Long bed.

Here is the list of parts he needs

Both Front fenders (rotted out)
Pilot Bearing For tranny
Fuel Sending unit for both tanks the little locking tab ring needs to have 5 prongs
Rocker Panels
Cab Corners.

if anyone can point him in the right direction it'd be much appreciated...

and yall may have trouble finding the sending unit.

it seems they dont even exist. nobody has them. autozone, rock auto, auto anything, and Ford Dealership dont even have them.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
Are y'alls wreckin yards askin too much for fenders,or can y'all not find anything that ain't rusted out?Come on down to Florida,we got a surplus of rust free parts.

Y'all tried JBG,LMC or NPD?

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
Are y'alls wreckin yards askin too much for fenders,or can y'all not find anything that ain't rusted out?Come on down to Florida,we got a surplus of rust free parts.

Y'all tried JBG,LMC or NPD?

LMC i'll never trust. JBG dam... i forgot bout them.. and NPD i have mixed thoughts on them. hadnt had the chance to look there. and yes the wreckin yards here want WAY WAY WAY to much. and plus most actually have some rust starting already.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
LMC gets a bad rap, but I have never had any problems with anything we have ever ordered from them.

Fordzilla80

Ranger Lariat
Narnia
LMC i'll never trust. JBG dam... i forgot bout them.. and NPD i have mixed thoughts on them. hadnt had the chance to look there. and yes the wreckin yards here want WAY WAY WAY to much. and plus most actually have some rust starting already.

LMC gets a bad rap for the thin sheetmetal on their tailgates.I haven't heard anything bad about the rest of their sheetmetal like fenders and patch panels.

NPD is right down the street from me,so i'll probably get most of what I need from them,that way I won't have to pay shipping!smilietease

Does Dennis Carpenter sell fenders?I don't remember,but if your friend is rich,(which I doubt if he's driving one of our trucks) you could try them.I'd expect the best product from them.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
This is the route I'd go first:

http://www.dennis-carpenter.com/trucks.php

Click on the 80-96 pdf file

As for LMC...I've only go there if no one else has what I need. I have numerous first hand experiences that show LMC sheet metal is crap when compared to OEM, NOS or DC/JBG. Not saying the parts don't fit the bill for some folks, and not saying the stuff DC sends LMC isn't good, when you compare LMC stuff to others and the LMC part weighs half as much or you can make an indention with your thumb...that's not the part I want hanging on my rig.

Last edited:

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
...or you can make an indention with your thumb...that's not the part I want hanging on my rig.

Oh please you know you want fenders that dent if a bird craps on them smilietease

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Oh please you know you want fenders that dent if a bird craps on them smilietease

True stories (a little before I realized LMC was crap)...when I had Red primered up with some LMC sheetmetal on it, I had a tire lightly rub the passenger side fender...that fender was then garbage. Not having learned from my mistake, I replaced it with another LMC fender...and when installing I realized it was seriously warped right outta the box. Then I called DC for the fender. Next story was Red was out of the paint booth for about a month...my gf of the time was maybe 110lbs, she sat on one side of my tailgate...an LMC gate, mind you. The gate bowed/bent/warped something fierce above the handle...it was at that moment I decided anything and everything I had from LMC had to be replaced OEM or DC style and then resprayed.

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
Wow Ben that sounds like some terrible stuff there. I would want good sheet metal too. I've gotten a few small misc. parts from LMC and can't really complain, but I wouldn't buy anything major from them.

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
ok the plan right now is to get some new front fenders and get fuel sending units. he said the other stuff can wait for now. so when we get the body work done ill be painting it for him...

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Wow Ben that sounds like some terrible stuff there. I would want good sheet metal too. I've gotten a few small misc. parts from LMC and can't really complain, but I wouldn't buy anything major from them.

Shoot...I even got some cowl badges from LMC, one split horizontally between the 250 and the Ranger part. I got a couple window cranks from LMC and the handles broke right at the circle part of the crank. I also got some door handles from LMC and the front half of the handle broke off as well. I have NO love for LMC. I bet I wasted a couple grand on parts from them before I wised up.

ok the plan right now is to get some new front fenders and get fuel sending units. he said the other stuff can wait for now. so when we get the body work done ill be painting it for him...

So he found what he needed then...from DC?

Why is this in the Gen. 7 category when the truck is a Gen. 8?

Gen 7's run through 86.

fordman76367

Texas Chapter member
yeah i dont trust lmc's sheet metal either, my friend bought a cowl induction hood for his chevy shortwide frm them n the first time he raised the hood it warped right inbetween the raise in the hood and the mount....but as far as their dash pad n doorpanels go they seem to be ok i bought some for ol blue n they seem to be holding up fine..no scratches or fading or cracks...as far as the sending units ur lookin for goes, if kno parts house has em n u cant find a parts truck u miight hafta swap out for tanks outa like a gen 8 n use its setup

Last edited:
For 1984 -85 300 I6 Carbed..19 Gallon Front and rear tanks

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts