Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Anyone else a little OCD?

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
Well I was talking to someone else about washing my truck and I have come to the conclusion that I am just a little OCD when it comes to washing the truck.

My truck gets a wash about once a week, 99% of the time in my driveway but occassionally at the car wash. AT minimum every other week during the rainy season.

I enjoy washing my truck the problem is I can never JUST wash the truck. I have to do the rims and the tires and the inside, get all the water out from the cracks and crevices and such. The whole shootin match so to speak. So a simple wash is literally a 2-3 hour ordeal for me. AGAIN, I enjoy washing it but eating up that chunk of my day usually wipes me out. Heaven forbid when the quarterly wax comes around, that is a full day ordeal.

So is anyone a little OCD about washing their cars?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Wow... I thought I was a little OCD but JEEEZ!! You're crazy man, I couldn't do it. Too much truck and not enough time.

Mine gets washed when it rains hard. OK...I do drive through a car wash when it gets so nasty that I can't see out the windows.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
I'm not quite that frequent, but the intensity is just as you described when it does happen. I wasted 1 1/2 days this weekend doing just that, and the last time wasn't that long ago...

Ryan

bobf100

Actually I'm worse when it comes to my F100. Not only do I maintain the outside of the truck but my frame and suspension are also detailed. When I display the truck I use mirrors to show the underside. Trailers are for boats so I drive my truck which gets it dirty everytime I take it out. During the summer before a show (usually every weekend) I put the truck up on jackstands and clean the underside along with the engine bay. Takes several nights after work to get everything done.

I get my fill of cleaning vehicles from the F100. My everyday 92 Ranger might get washed once a year if it is lucky.

Gunner

Charter Member
Billings
Nope. My truck and I work in the oilfield. Mine has been sitting for the past two days getting filthy from sitting on location, and hasn't moved an inch. Now when I get it home I give it a nice bath and detail, but weekly? Nope........no future in it :D

Gunner

Actually I'm worse when it comes to my F100. Not only do I maintain the outside of the truck but my frame and suspension are also detailed. When I display the truck I use mirrors to show the underside. Trailers are for boats so I drive my truck which gets it dirty everytime I take it out. During the summer before a show (usually every weekend) I put the truck up on jackstands and clean the underside along with the engine bay. Takes several nights after work to get everything done.

I get my fill of cleaning vehicles from the F100. My everyday 92 Ranger might get washed once a year if it is lucky.

I know you drive yours. I love that fact. I hate the ones they trailer in, unload without starting, and push into the parking spot. I saw several of them at the hotrod power tour like that. The sponsors vehicles were almost all like that. I watched them unload them wearing white gloves. I peeked and some of them didn't even have plug wires and plugs. No Todd...they were not diesels. :spank:

One of them would not even steer. The guy in front would kick the tire every so often to make it turn. They had to push it forward and backward a few times to get it to go where it was supposed to be.

Just curious Bob: About how many miles a year do you drive yours?

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
Weekly??? Not up here- twice a week is more like it during the monsoon season..... which seems to be, like, right now. At least we don't waste a lot of time wiping the water spots off. :rofl: :rofl:

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Ok, so there's a couple of folks that are OCD. So, is anybody on here down with OPP? :rofl: Now we should show our age. :nana:

Nope, I know exactly how you feel. I wash my truck once a week, however, I only spend about 1.5 hours to do it. Down here in South Florida it rains alot for fifteen minutes and its just enough to get the truck looking very dirty and I can't stand it. So, I understand what you go through.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts