Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Please HELP stranded in KC.

MikeStoke

Army Firefighter
I am having a no start issue. It will crank and it sounds like a old time carurbrator that is flooded! I thought the fuel might of jelled but it has been inside 65 Deg. for 4 hours in a shop. I have it pluged in and put 2 new batteries in this morning... What do I do, Where do I start? I know the glow plugs are weak, but usually pluged in it starts fine.

polarbear

just growing older not up
Boring, Oregon
bumpety bump

blacksnapon

Staff member
I am having a no start issue. It will crank and it sounds like a old time carurbrator that is flooded! I thought the fuel might of jelled but it has been inside 65 Deg. for 4 hours in a shop. I have it pluged in and put 2 new batteries in this morning... What do I do, Where do I start? I know the glow plugs are weak, but usually pluged in it starts fine.
Are you getting oil pressure when trying to start?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Im not sure if I am or not Vince. I think it is falling to 0 while cranking. I left it at the shop tonight so I wont be able to check intill 8 am. If not what does that mean? and if I Do what is the next step?
By the sounds of that, its a high pressure oil problem (pump, stc fitting, stand pipe, etc) Its quite labor intensive. Do you have your extended warranty still?

MikeStoke

Army Firefighter
Thats what i figured. Is it possible that it could of jelled up and needs to thaw? the temps have been in the teens winds steady about 20mph and 8 inches of snow.

MikeStoke

Army Firefighter
Doubt it because of the lack of oil pressure.

Vince, I tried to start the truck this morning and there WAS oil pressure... I am trying to find a shop open on sunday up here to get it on a machine so I can figure out what is going on. Does anyone know of any shops that are open on sunday in KC? If not, what can I try? Is there a relay or something that is common that I can buy and try?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Vince, I tried to start the truck this morning and there WAS oil pressure... I am trying to find a shop open on sunday up here to get it on a machine so I can figure out what is going on. Does anyone know of any shops that are open on sunday in KC? If not, what can I try? Is there a relay or something that is common that I can buy and try?
Codes (even if theres no light), monitoring data (ficm signals, camshaft/crankshaft signals, etc.) fuel pressure, icp oil pressure (500 psi just to start it)

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts