Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

No start!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Made a trip today of approx 80 miles. Got to the destination, shut the truck off and spent about 20-30 minutes inside. Came back out to start the truck, cranks over fast but no start!..........and no smoke.:headbang:

I put a cat back Magnaflow exhaust on it last night, but that shouldn't cause anything, let alone a no start condition. I filled up before departing as well.

I had it towed to a dealership that my extended warranty had listed. So as of now my beloved truck is sitting 80 miles away and lonely:( .

Any thoughts???? FICM???

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Not sure but I thought the cps was a 7.3 thing?

blacksnapon

Staff member
Does the oil pressure gauge register anything when cranking? If not, you've probably got a high pressure oil feed problem (HPOP, STC fitting, oil rails, stand pipes, branch tubes, injector o-rings). Chances are its the STC fitting.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Not sure in the o/p thing.

Beachbumcook

Kansas Chapter member
What a day was last night.... first this thread poster's trucks and so does mine!!!!

Here are my symptoms:

1) Truck ran rough last week and blew some smoke... but it cleared up (thought EGR)... but it ran well/perfect for 1 week.

2) Yesterday afternoon, I stepped on the "go-pedal" and could not get up to speed (no spool up of turbo just maintained 35mph.

3) Went into store, truck started fine and as I left, I had the same "low power" feel and then it finally died on me and I had to pull off the road.

I had my truck towed to my local dealer and here is what they found out.

1) Upon hooking up to the PCM, they had a fuel pump/delivery/low pressure fault code and a few others. They checked all fuses and circuits and all was fine there.

2) Problem was a failed fuel pump assembly.

3) A few hours later... I have a new fuel pump (the one that is part of the frame rail HFCM housing) and all is well.

Have no idea if this is what you experiencing, but this was a first for me as my 2003 Excursion with 155,000 miles has been flawless up until now!!!!

What the &^%# I have 155,000 miles and this is my first major fuel, oil or motor service I have needed.... why can't they build me a million mile truck!!!! (just joking guys... my truck has been great).

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
It seems that my mileage continues to drop in the last year (used to get mid 12's in town now it's mid 10's), maybe that is a sign of a component starting to fail?

d-kuzmen

Master Ford Tech
Connecticut
That sounds like you have a blown out STC fitting on the pump or a oring starting to go on one of the block off plugs in the oil rail.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Pat yourselves on the back guys. Blown O-ring AND the FICM!!!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Yeah I got it back today. I missed that thing. Got it back just in time to bring my newborn son home from the hospital with it!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

TazDevil07

Go Ahead and Git Some Boy
Hey! There he is!! Congrats on the new bundle of joy Lee! Absolutely beautiful!

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Thanks Brenda!

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts