Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need a part #

RocketScience

Alleged Recruiter
Knock, knock......BKW, you there?

Guess not. After checking his profile, he hasn't been around here since March. Unfortunate really, Bill is a major asset to the site.

Try a PM Paul, he may have the email forwarding function turned on.

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I'm trying to figure out this parts manual I have....I don't know if this is correct but...either DOOZ 8509-E...or D5AZ 8509-A....hopefully someone else will chime in. I'm curious to see if I'm anywhere near correct...sorry it isn't bigger...it is in the gallery.

460_pulley.jpg

Last edited:

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Wouldn't the wreckers be the best approach?...just a thought...way less than the dealer.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
March Performance(marchperf.com) has pulleys listed for a 79 460. Looks like you pick the size you want. They are powder coated which means they are probably expensive! They don't list prices.

A part number is only good if you want to buy one NOS and part numbers change.

D5AZ-8509-A

Go by engineering numbers and you will find one on an old Lincoln,T-Bird,or Mercury

How many sheaves should be 2...............I have one from a non-AC...but it needs cleaning.

Plus I have this one like new that goes with a set

Last edited:
Part number or Engineering number ?

The engineering number would be D0OZ-A or something like that

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
1979 F150/350 460

D5AZ8509A .. Waterpump Pulley-Double Sheave / 7" O.D. / Use w/o A/C / Marked: D4AE-A, D4AE-AA / Obsolete

Also fits: 1974/78 LTD/Mercury Marquis 460 w/o A/C // 1974/76 Torino/Montego/Cougar 460 w/o A/C.

No Ford Dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any.
-----------------------------------------------
DOOZ8509E .. Waterpump Pulley-Triple Sheave / 6 3/8" O.D. / Use with A/C / Marked: DOOE-E / Obsolete

Also fits: 1974 LTD/Mercury Marquis 460 with A/C / 1974/76 Torino/Montego/Cougar 460 with A/C.

No Ford Dealer or obsolete parts vendor has any.

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Thanks Bill!
Parts catalog ref in Post #3 shows not only the part numbers, but the ID numbers as well. I'm kinda surprised no one noticed that fact.

I ran the two part numbers on the in-house Ford Dealer Parts Locator System that all the dealers are listed on, and...

On PartsVoice.com that most of the obsolete parts vendors, some of the Ford Dealers are listed on.

No one had either pulley.

PartsVoice.com: Registration is free, searching is free. While 3 part numbers can be typed at once, it's better to type one at a time.

PartsVoice glitch: If no one has the first part number, nothing else will show up.

PartsVoice has two options, Ford & Ford Truck. Usually just plain 'ol Ford works...usually.

btw: Most of the automakers are listed on PartsVoice, not just FoMoCo.

So...if you need parts, for example a: hodge-podge Dodge, Oldsmopile, Mercedes-Bent, or a Fix It Again Tony...all you need are the specific part numbers for these rolling pils of misery.

NOTE: When typing Ford part numbers into websites REMOVE any spaces or hyphens!

Type the numbers...like this, for example: D5AZ8509A

If you type them like this D5AZ-8509-A or this: D5AZ 8509 A.....NOTHING will show up.

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
Knock, knock......BKW, you there?

Guess not. After checking his profile, he hasn't been around here since March.
The email and P/M features are available, but I didn't get any.

I just showed up, the first post I noticed was related to this question.

From the looks of things, and the fact that many of the 1973/79 forum guys from t'other site have moved over here, it looks like I'll be here more often.

BKW = NumberDummy on t'other site.

They thought I was kidding :)

Parts catalog ref in Post #3 shows not only the part numbers, but the ID numbers as well. I'm kinda surprised no one noticed that fact.

I of course noticed it but ignored it because it was too small to read and I have my own.. But You already know that :0

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
I of course noticed it but ignored it because it was too small to read and I have my own.. But You already know that :0

You really are a piece of work...I even wrote that the image is in my gallery and could be viewed larger and left it open for someone to chime in, such as yourself.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts