Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Taurus SHO's Torque-gasmic EcoBoost Engine, Exploded!

New Taurus SHO's Torque-gasmic EcoBoost Engine, Exploded!

2010-Ford-Taurus-SHO-Ecoboost_3.jpg

Ford's exploded the 365 HP, 350 lb-ft o' torque 3.5-liter EcoBoost powerplant underneath the hood of the new 2010 Ford Taurus SHO to show us the bits n' pieces creating this sick torque curve.

nobodyspecial

Fire in the hole...
ND
Ain't your mommas Taurus...

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
365 HP out of a taurus?? lol

and thats the DETUNED version of that motor so it doesn't toast the awd system! It's tq limited in the first three gears or so, trap speed at the track is ridiculous compared to ET. Ecoboost is tits.

Mustang/F150 to get it sometime next year smilieFordlogo

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
My god just think of the monsters gear heads are going to make out of these cars..
I have a weird feeling that we wont be seeing much of these engines.

RangerPilot

Boom Shaka Laka
Dallas, TX
The new Camaros are turds 4000+ lbs
The Mustang is 3300-3400 lbs...300 HP...
The Camaro is 3700-3800 lbs...422 HP...
The Challenger is 4100-4200 lbs...425 HP...

By your reasoning the Mustang must be slow as crap?

The Taurus is looking at 3285 lbs per Ford...with 365 HP...

With those numbers, the Taurus will run about a tenth second slower quarter mile than the Camaro (which is nothing to be ashamed of), barely a tenth faster than the Challenger, and a full second faster than the Mustang.

For the Camaro, Challenger, and Taurus, we're going to be looking at driver's skill to win the race. The Mustang, of course, doesn't stand a chance against any of them, but what else is new?

Last edited:

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
When I get a new mustang i'm going to be buying it because I think they are cool looking and fun to drive.
If I wanted some thing to win at the drags I would build a twin turbo fox bod.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
So is this motor 'magic' or what? What kind of compression ratios are they talking? And pump gas?? Must have some magic incorporated. I guess I see two small turbos on the side. I forgot the heads were reversed with the exhaust on top and intake down on the bottoms.

Ryan

Last edited:

LEB Paul

I like Broncos
GDi cools in the intake charge dramatically making it very easy to boost without detonation.

Zach all the reviews so far seems to either put the mustang or camaro on top. It seems the mustang out handles these cars bad so I don't know. Next year the mustang gets a 400hp 5.0 so it should be game over then.

6L PWR

Kansas Chapter member
Zach all the reviews so far seems to either put the mustang or camaro on top. It seems the mustang out handles these cars bad so I don't know. Next year the mustang gets a 400hp 5.0 so it should be game over then.
GT 500 version rated at 540HP I read.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts