Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

$250 Rotors?!

So I've got a vibrating steering wheel when braking at highway speeds (and intermittently at lower speeds). Figured no big deal just have a warped rotor or two...

Well, I've been to 2 -3 brake service centers and they're warped alright but the rotors are gonna run me around $250/EACH to replace...not counting labor, brake pads, etc. JUST THE DAMN ROTORS. WTF! Guy tells me Ford made them in such a way that the bearings are replaced with the rotors everytime they're pulled so the new rotors have bearings already in them.

Anyone else come across this load of hooey?

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Warped rotors generally create a vibration in the brake pedal, not the steering wheel... Though you rotors may actually be warped, it might not be enough to really cause a problem. I'd lean more towards bad alignment if you're getting a shake in the steering wheel when braking.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
GEEEEZUS...can't say I've ever replaced rotors on 250 or bigger (so I may be speaking ignorantly), but daggon I've bought rotors for Broncos, 150's, jeeps, etc...and cheapies are usually in the $30/per range...and slotted and cross drilled rotors are in the $100-150 range. Shoot man...just did a quick check on JBG, and hub and rotors for a 250 4wd are $109 each...

http://broncograveyard.com/bronco/c-254

blacksnapon

Staff member
They're saying that because front rotors on those are a real pain to remove. Most of the time they'll just remove bearings and all. THEY WILL COME OFF! I usually use an on vehicle brake lathe and just turn 'em on the truck.

F 150Cobra

"Wild HoRsE" Got Torque?
Aruba
for your new F150 ??

if its for it.. ive seen it happen allot of times when i worked at ford.. they have to resurface them or install new ones.. same with the new explorers.. dunno why..

slmann

Charter Member
Festus, Mo.
can't recall the exact price but I know I didn't pay that much for mine. I do have an 04, so there might be a difference.

No bearings here either, just the rotors.

No I'll look into him, Blue Goose. Thanks.

Tex~ yeah for EACH :(

Aw crap, he's not taking anymore orders at this time...

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts