Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

FTF T-shirts.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
That idea remains one of those that is under discussion.

I wish it was as simple as printing up some shirts but there are some other "business" implications to doing that.

Thanks for the suggestion. Were always striving to make the FTF experience better

I thought Cafe Press was pretty simple to do? We wouldn't have to deal with any who gets money junk if we use them. Though there is probably something else standing in our way.

It is not the making of the shirts that is the issue it is how that affects ftf as an entity

Would that turn FTF into a corporation... since they would be 'making money'...?

You could always set it up as a donation and word it like this...

Instead of "Buying a T-shirt"

You can "Donate to FTF, and receive a free T-shirt"

And since its a 'donation' FTF isnt actually 'selling' anything...

However Im not a lawyer... :p

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
I think conner has a point, but there is more at hand then that.
If i am understanding this right...

Say someone is being dumb and making a complete jack arse of them selves...
Like tony... :D
If they are wearing an FTF shirt then it could reflect negatively on FTF as a whole...

I think conner has a point, but there is more at hand then that.
If i am understanding this right...

Say someone is being dumb and making a complete jack arse of them selves...
Like tony... :D
If they are wearing an FTF shirt then it could reflect negatively on FTF as a whole...

Oh yeah... I hadnt thought of that... you might have a point. However, they could always just come to site, read some posts and receive the same impression anyway, so whats the difference? smilieneenar :rofl: 'smiliedoh'

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
The idea is something that is under consideration. Unfortunately business owners have a lot of things to consider before implementing new ideas

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Well i think this board was originally intended to have more tech in it. Not saying it doesn't have alot of techincal stuff in here, as it does...
But there is ALOT of general chit chat, which is not bad...

I feel like im digging a hole here, but i think ftf is aiming to be more like fte WAS when it was a usefull site for information and tech stuff... BUT still being able to keep the friendly chatter going too...

FTE has FAILED at that horribly...
Not that anything i said changes the way i think of ftf...
This place is AWESOME! :D

Well i think this board was originally intended to have more tech in it. Not saying it doesn't have alot of techincal stuff in here, as it does...
But there is ALOT of general chit chat, which is not bad...

I feel like im digging a hole here, but i think ftf is aiming to be more like fte WAS when it was a usefull site for information and tech stuff... BUT still being able to keep the friendly chatter going too...

FTE has FAILED at that horribly...
Not that anything i said changes the way i think of ftf...
This place is AWESOME! :D
I agree this place is awesome.

I think you have the right idea Aaron, that taking things slowly leads to the most thought about an issue and the more likelyhood that a good decision will be made. There is no hurry, just an idea to throw around. :)

Truckin4life

Texas Chapter Leader
Its also nice to see that the admin are doing what they can to stay one step ahead of us...
And willing to explain and talk to us about the site and kinda sorta how things are done...
Better then another site i know of..

Its also nice to see that the admin are doing what they can to stay one step ahead of us...
And willing to explain and talk to us about the site and kinda sorta how things are done...

And that they are reasonable. FTF has by far the best management of any site that I have been on in my experience with the internet. They should be very proud. :) YelloThumbUp

countryboytn

'78 Bronco owner
If you where to make t-shirts, you woudln't be able to use the Ford logo without written consent from Ford, am I right?

Would you even be able to use the word "Ford"? I don't guess it would be any differant than online, but I dunno for sure...

If you where to make t-shirts, you woudln't be able to use the Ford logo without written consent from Ford, am I right?

Would you even be able to use the word "Ford"? I don't guess it would be any differant than online, but I dunno for sure...

Well since 'Ford' is a last name, as long as we didnt use the script or the oval we should be good. Our site could always be about 'Ford Trucks' as in 'Trucks that Gerald Ford owned' or something... :p

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali

I'll make sure they get your compliment.

I mean let's all be honest here people. FTF is a great site to come get technical help, keep up on the news and BS with your friends but when the rubber meets the road FTF is a business venture. Started by three of the nicest, most caring, smartest men I have had the pleasure of knowing in my 34 years. They have all poured their hearts and souls into this site. They each bring their own specialities to the table and where those specialities combine we have FTF.

All that being said, with every ounce of investment they risk 2 ounces of loss. I'm not going to get into the specifics of the entity that is FTF but suffice to say they are very cautious when it comes to make decisions that have the potential to affect the entity.

I know that is a long post just to reiterate that they are considering the option but I thought it was worth saying.

CaFordDude

Charter Member
Cali
We could use the word "Ford" but not the ford script. We could not use the blue oval either.

Our site logo would be good to go, same with our site address.

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
As always, we appreciate the ideas. This is something we'd like to do, but there are a few intricacies that we need to think through and overcome before the 'rubber hits the road.'

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts