Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Ideas for new Rims

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Hey fellas...I'm absolutely convinced the rims on my Bronco are dog ugly:

DSC01223.jpg

So I'm looking for suggestions on what I should get to compliment my new tires. I picked up a set of Alcoas...but the light weight and strength are gonna keep them my paired with a set of trail/mud tires. My street tires are BFG M/T's...I'm a little sick of the plain bullet hole rims, and was thinking of going with the DC-1's...but I'm feeling those are a little blingy. I want chrome or polished aluminum. Was kinda thinking about going old school with turbine style...but have no clue where or if they're even available. Something like this, but would have to be polished or chromed:

alloy_turbine_style.jpg

Anyway...throw out some ideas for me guys...to sum up, want something different, 'chrome'...but not too blingy.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I actually really like the wheels with no holes...I dunno what they're called either, or who makes them. I knew Eagle did at one time, but it doesn't look like they do anymore. I also only remember them as a brushed aluminum wheel...I'd have to send them off to be chromed...or see if Dad could get it done. As for Buck's wheels...they look good, but a little too common and too much like what I have on my other trucks.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I like mine a simple holw pattern but with a little trim ring..
CIMG0104.jpg

1985 Ford F-150

Country Boys Can Survive
Tooele, Utah
Yeah ya could go and put black daytona wheels on it or get white spokers and powder coat em black. Theres some called center line wheels that my dad really likes but I dont know what they look like or if its just a brand name like Eagle.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
I like the hole design...obviously, as it's on my other rigs...just looking for something different that's chrome...although I am loooooving the trim ring.

lil_dq

Let 'er eat boys!
Union, MO
I like the powder coated holes and trim ring. Then the rest is chrome. just my .02 though. LOL

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
How bout them aluminum ones that dont have any holes in em? I cant remember what theyre called.

Found 'em:

http://asp.americanracing.com/wheelswp/details.asp?wheelid=AR0613&name=AMERICAN OUTLAWI MACHINED WITH CLEAR COAT&style=AR0613&dspstyle=AR61&desc=one piece aluminum machined&section=AR

But I'd have to get the center polished.

On edit...thanks for all the input guys. Beyond Weld, Eagle and Alcoa, I really had no idea other names of wheel manufacturers...so keep the ideas and resources coming.

not a big fan of the wagon-wheel ones you posted in the first pic. they just look really dated to me

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Are these what you are thinking of?

005s.jpg

Yeah I like those Tony...what brand are those, I could only find them through American Racing, but the center was brushed aluminum, not entirely chrome like the ones you posted.

not a big fan of the wagon-wheel ones you posted in the first pic. they just look really dated to me

Which ones are you talking about? I thought the only wagon wheels posted were the chrome ones by Jurgen.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Thanks for letting me know Tony.

Tom...I think I like them because they are old school and really different from what you see today. I think they're a turbine style wheel...and I think what Jurgen posted is close to what is commonly called a wagon wheel.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts