Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

My 460 build?'s

I am building a 460 here is the specs

Block D9TE-AB
Oil pump M84BHV
Venolia flat top pistons #435(.o3o" below deck) about 9 to 1
Hooker headers
ported stock heads D3VE (E8TE-DA)(2.08"in and 1.65"ex)95cc
SVO roller-rockers c351 1.73
performer intake
holley street advenger 770
recurved 12 degrees btdc base
Comp cams 252BH-10
Timing chain straight up
Fuel pump 12 839 (07054)
C6 stage two shift kit and stock TC(planning on buying a 2800stall)
rear ford 9" with 3.55 gears

My question is I am planning on going with comp cams X4270H http://www.compcams.com/Cam_Specs/CamDetails.aspx?csid=998&sb=2 The reason I am thinking of going with the 4x4 cam is to keep rpm's lower.
What do you think of my cam choice?

How huch power do you think it well make?

Thanks in advance

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
you gonna do a 3.55 posi?I like that gear that's what;s in my truck and it'll get a little bit of wheel spin but not much which is good.....(on the street)

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
The cam looks like it will give a great low to mid range punch. Along with it, you will probably need a higher than stock stall converter for the tranny. It probably won't like to idle in gear with a stock converter.

What is going to be your primary use for the truck? You may want to consider going a step milder in your cam choice. (Wow, I can't believe I just uttered those words!) :D

flareside_thunder

Florida Chapter member
you're gonna need to check your P-V clearance with that high of a lift cam and 1.7 rr's.....you got some good duration and and some decent lift.....but like i said check the P-V clearance.Looks like a good cam smiliewhathesaid

The truck is just my toy. Just want something fun to drive around. Iam planning on a 2600stall converter. surewhynot I here what you are saying mite be a bit on the high side for cam choice. flareside_thunder I well for sure check the P-V clearance.

Thanks guy's

surewhynot

Rep whores make me sick
Florida
If it's just a toy and you're planning on a higher stall converter anyways, I'd go for it.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts