Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Source for Motorcraft PCV valve?

Hello all,

I've just purchased a 1993 F-150 5.0L and as part of an initial barrage of catching her up on routine maintenance and tune up stuff I want to replace the PCV valve. Mine is configured with the PCV tying straight in to the upper intake manifold. I got a Standard Motor Products valve with some other materials from Rock Auto, but as I've done more research it seems like conventional wisdom is to stick with the Motorcraft part for these motors, as third-party valves seem to cause trouble? I'm trying to find the Motorcraft valve but have been striking out as they are either visibly a different valve (two nipples on the outlet as opposed to one) or the one that looks right is out of stock indefinitely. Can anyone point me to the right valve?

Thanks!

-VB-

IMG_2764.jpeg

Fellro

Staff member
I generally tend to try to find metal ones as have had history of even the Motorcraft plastic failing and letting the internals out. They are just a straight with an add on top cap that makes the turn.

Thanks for the insight! The valve I got is metal, in your experience should I install this valve or should I be hunting for a metal Motorcraft valve?

Fellro

Staff member
You may not find a metal Motorcraft for that year. Other years may work, main thing is having that elbow for the turn. Personally I would go ahead and use the metal one you have.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts