Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

rebuild 2005 5.4

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
What happened with the current engine? Did the engine completely fail?

I would say you can reuse almost everything as long as a main component didn't fail, then it comes down to buying new bearings, rings, and gaskets.

Typically "you get what you pay for."

One thing you'll want to do for sure is cam phasers while you have the engine apart. Did you engine make that diesel ticking noise? That's the cure if it was.

Ryan

No Its still in the truck the cam phasers are getting bad and its burning a little oil was wanting to buy a good core so I can take my time rebuilding one its been years sense I done one think I just found a 2008 waiting on reply to see if the motor is the same as mine it only has 81000 on it just hope it will interchange with my 2005 3 valve. my luck it want guy has a hell of a good price on it.do you know a good place to buy parts if I rebuild?

O'Rattlecan

Redneck Prognosticator
Belton, MO
The block is the same, but I'm not sure if the heads are exactly identical. I know they're both 3v but I don't know if they're identical.

I don't have any advice on brands for rebuild kits, so maybe someone else will chime in. Summit Racing has everything you'll ever need.

Ryan

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts