Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Need some emergency help!! (concerned I might be getting stranded)

Long story short, My instrument cluster had the Oil, Temp, Fuel, and Battery, go completely dead on me, my speed bit kind of works where it intermittently attempts to tell me what speed I am going, and the RPMS behaves similar as the RPM sometimes works or not, all lights still function as far as I can tell, and my indicators and 4 ways work with out issue, and the moment this happen I noticed the accelerator kind of paused as if it lost responsiveness for a brief moment and then became normal again. I am rather concerned that something is about to happen that will leave me stranded some where long always from home, so I am hoping someone might have an idea?

I suspect either perhaps the PSOM on the back side is some how broken or failed, but have no way to really tell how I can test that or to tell if perhaps if its a relay that needs to be replaced.

Fellro

Staff member
First thing to check is grounds, they can be culprits in many gremlin activiies - check grounds at the battery, engine, everywhere. I had a no start condition pop up when I did an emergency battery swap. Turned out the injector harness ground came disconnected at the battery.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts