Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

factory hub to fender height

DSC05610-Copy_zps47fdd6cd.jpg
[/IMG]Hello all,

I just found a 1978 super cab 4wd. It is all original with 60k miles with the exception of a lift. The front appears to be an add a leaf and the rear has two blocks welded together total 8 inches (no laughing please).

Anyway, If memory serves me, ford installed a small rear block from the factory?

Does anyone have the stock hub center to fender well measurement. Mine currently is 27.5 rear and 25 in the front. I will be buying new springs front and rear, I just need to know where i am now. I prefer to lower the rear to match the front.

Thank you,
Chris

Attachments

• DSC05610 (Medium).JPG
Last edited:
Welcome to FTF and nice looking SC. I can get you measurements but theres a couple threads a ways back here in the Gen 6 section that had all the measurements for some one else.
See if you can do a search , I'll try too.

There's no telling, it could be in one of the chitchat threads.

20 3/4" on the front and 22 1/4" on the rear. My sc has the heavy suspension with the D60 front so it might not be the same as yours.

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
My '78 150 measures 20 3/4 front, and 21 1/2 Rear, but that is with 31" tires. I think the stock tires were 29"???

That is a VERY nice supercab, and Welcome!

Thanks for the quick reply,

Maybe it is possible that the add a leaf gained 4 inches? I am 99% sure it is an add a leaf because it is not held within the keeper and there is a gap in the spring pack. (how do you like those shock extenders?)

Ps we are all talking about the measurement from the center of the hub, yes??

DSC05611_zpse027b82e.jpg

fatherdoug

Tonto Papadapolous
yes, we are all talking about the height from center of hub to bottom of fender well.

I don't see an extra leaf adding that much height. Maybe I'm missing something, but looking at your picture, I see a leaf missing?

It is possible someone installed a 2" spring,, and then later installed an add a leaf??

I guess is if most measurements are at the 20 3/4" I got 4 inches of lift in some combination. The only other measurement i can verify is the shock mounts. Mine, sitting static, measures 22.5".

DSC05615_zps5347780a.jpg
[/IMG]

Thanks again,
Chris

primetime

sawmill slave
That is a fine example of how not to lift a truck.:) At least it appears some steering correction was added.

prime time,
smilieIagree

If you like the front, take a look at the rear. you can't see it, but it also has a few shock extenders added on top.

DSC05612_zpsb45e8225.jpg
[/IMG]

5.0Flareside

GingaNinja
La Vergne, TN
oh dear god... no... no... no.......... no............

are you serious??????

i wouldve turned and ran.... if the body was in rough shape...

but you've got some work to do on that suspension..

final height

I just installed new skyjacker 6 inch springs and it measures 28" front hub to fender.

I might pull the shortest spring out of the pack, not sure yet.

DSC05709_zps94cb7377.jpg

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts