Ford Truck Fanatics

Home Forum Gallery TOTM Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Superduties & Other Trucks > Superduty Gen.1
Register FAQ Members List Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read My Threads / My Replies Fliers

Find us on Facebook

Superduty Gen.1 1999-2007 F250, F350, F450, F550

Welcome to the Ford Truck Fanatics forums.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Login for fewer ads.

Old 08-31-2012, 04:01 AM

Scot Bailey is on a distinguished road
Superduty Bed Supports

Does anyone know if the bed supports are reproduced anywhere? I am the original owner of a 2001 F350 7.3 with 70K on the clock that has non existent supports on a couple of the ends. It makes me sick! I was thinking of using square tube stock, but I'm not sure yet.

Thanks, Scot
Sponsored Links
Old 08-31-2012, 08:03 AM
Ford Truck Fanatic Administrator

Admin

Blue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond repute
Here ya go, Scot.... It works better if you plug in the VIN into the search window (long bed/short bed etc)

http://www.fordparts.com/

Last edited by Blue Goose : 08-31-2012 at 08:57 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:56 PM

Thanks Brad. I didn't even think to check with FORD

Scot
Old 08-31-2012, 01:05 PM

Admin

Blue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond repute
Scot, there are some 'ford parts guys' online that sell Ford parts at a pretty good discount, so if you poke around on the net you might find some better pricing.....Also, ya might just check with your local dealer. Another thing you might try is finding some aftermarket. There are aftermarket body panel companies (I don't know the names) that might produce these as well...

Old 09-01-2012, 03:26 PM

You know Brad, after taking a better look at the 2 supports that you highlighted, I realized those are not the ones I need! The rusted supports I have are the ones that are part of the bed floor ( 00038 in the parts breakdown ) and it seems they are not available from Ford separate from the looks of the diagram.
Old 09-01-2012, 04:03 PM

Admin

I believe what they're showing is that there are two distinct cross members that makeup however many there are (depending on the bed length). They are all installed by spot welding to the floor pan. I can't imagine why they would offer some and not the others...

Old 09-16-2012, 07:17 AM

Here is an update on the project. The three center supports are shot.
The bed is good...rusty supports make it look worse than it is. This one was nasty

POR15 on the surface rust

I made new supports from 1/8" box

Bed is done
Old 09-16-2012, 07:29 AM

Now on to prettying up the frame and replacing brake lines that look nasty as well as the muffler that is starting to go on the bottom seam so I am replacing it with a delete pipe while the bed is off.
Old 09-16-2012, 08:15 AM
PA Chapter leader

Lost is just really niceLost is just really niceLost is just really niceLost is just really niceLost is just really nice
About normal condition for around here . Surprised wheel arches and cab corners r not gone

94 F150 302 MAf E4od sc long bed 4x4 3:55 LS rears
9MM Ford racing wires MSD cap & rotor and Blaster coil coil . 14-15 MPG Thanks

95 F150 300-6 auto 4x4 8 ft bed barney mobile (yep its purple) . 1 ton front coil and f260 rear leaf suspension Its the plow/firewood truck
Old 08-20-2014, 11:49 AM
mike goode

mike goode is on a distinguished road
bed supports

hi/new to forum and noticed you were going to replace your bed supports on your truck.Was wondering if you knew the sizes of the rails as mine are beyond getting an accurate measurement /I was going to try 1/8th tubing but they all appear to be a diff height/I have an 2001 f350 superduty with 8ft bed 7.3 diesel/any help would be greatfully appreciated