Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

50 F4 followed me home

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Deal was too good to pass up. May become my new plow truck.
6 cyl 4 spd dualie

homeF4b.jpg

homeF4F6.jpg

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Very cool...is that 875 a reflection of the asking price? If so, agreed, too good to pass up.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Actually I got it for $700 - the guy had it sitting there since last fall. Floors and door posts/cab corners are super solid. That was the selling point - there rest of the sheet metal dings I can hammer out.

Austin

FTF's #1 Knob Polisher
Cumming, GA
Looks awesome!

john112deere

caffeine junkie
Staff member
central Vermont
Very nice indeed.

Looks solid and straight enough to assemble into a nice driver without too much work at all...

dodge?:hammer: but anyways cool ford mansmilieFordlogo

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
uhmm..... the F4 is nice and all..... but i see a dodge pulling it... but atleast its a Cummin's since its a fifth wheel right?

true enuff. i recently pulled that trailer with a PSD and while it got the job done, I prefer the torque of the Cummins.

Cummins Turbo Diesel in a '97 2500 4x4 x-cab. I still can't believe Ford let the franchise go to dodge in the 80's... but in their defense, back then nobody really believed a diesel engine would sell in pickups - they were for tractor-trailers and a few foreign made cars.

godblessmud

CHECKERS OR WRECKERS
Moscow, ID
New truck looks great, even better if all the stuffins we cant see are solid!

And i have to agree about the Cummins 'hiding_smilie'

73F100Shortbed

That's how we roll!
NJ
uhmm..... the F4 is nice and all..... but i see a dodge pulling it... but atleast its a Cummin's since its a fifth wheel right?

Really??? You of all people decided to point that out? :rolling laugh:

smilietease

Great deal on the truck!

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Thanks for all the compliments and nice comments.

But you all missed the 70 Mustang fastback in front of the dent.....

The truck came out of Wyoming and the front plate is from 1965. The front fender extensions are bent up some, but are the most rust free I've ever seen. That's one of those places that always needs to be repaired - but not this one.

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
I've been doing a little work on the 50 F4. Windshield went in yesterday! Put in new door glass and wing windows earlier - have to replace the gasket on the rear window. Started working on the wiring - going 12V for the snow plow so I'm working on gauges, starting system and charging system - one of my least favorite parts. Going electric fuel pump at the same time.

Just may get it done before winter this year. Not much to see - still looks about like this:
50F4plowattached.jpg

Last edited:

Ford Truck Articles