Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New Firestones

My buddy talked me into putting Firestone Transforce HT tires on my E-350, instead of the putting Bridgestones back on it , which did excellent.
He said that he's been putting them on a lot of fleet trucks and everybody likes them.
Anybody else use them ?

I've got some on a 1976 F-250. I bought them in CA and drove the truck back to Louisiana. Many years ago, when Firestone started making radial tires, I had trouble with them. But since Henry and Harvey were such good friends, I thought that I'd give them another chance. So far, these are doing O.K. with about 3K miles on them. And the truck handles better than it did with the old bias ply tires. :wavey:

blacksnapon

Staff member
I've got some on a 1976 F-250. I bought them in CA and drove the truck back to Louisiana. Many years ago, when Firestone started making radial tires, I had trouble with them. But since Henry and Harvey were such good friends, I thought that I'd give them another chance. So far, these are doing O.K. with about 3K miles on them. And the truck handles better than it did with the old bias ply tires. :wavey:

Remember, Firestone sold out to Bridgestone. Its now a Japanese company. Remember the Firestone recall a few years ago?

Remember, Firestone sold out to Bridgestone. Its now a Japanese company. Remember the Firestone recall a few years ago?
That's correct. The last Firestone recall I can remember was in 2008 and it affected some tires which had been imported into USA. (The really big one was in 2000, which had caused some deaths.) I can't tell if this globalization is a good thing or not. Michelin is another company with factories throughout the world. Another growing problem seems to be finding a tire which correctly fits the 16.5 X 6.75 wheels.

LEB Ben

Arrogant A-hole At-Large
outside your house
Never had a set of Firestones, but I've put bridgestones on lots, and been really happy with them. I just figured it was kinda like Ford/Mercury...different name, but same stuff.

Ford Truck Articles