Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Old 12-26-2016, 02:04 PM

crazycanuck has a spectacular aura aboutcrazycanuck has a spectacular aura about
Another to add to my fleet

Picked this up the other day, it has never worked a day in its life, has 81000km on it. It was used for the Montreal Grand Prix as far as I know, plaques on the dash , for towing grand prix cars I assume, because nothing on the truck has ever been worked. Fully loaded interior with carpet and original carpet floor mats, interior is in great shape. So here it is. 1989 f -superduty
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161225_135838989.jpg (436.3 KB, 27 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_20161225_084353658.jpg (458.5 KB, 22 views)
Sponsored Links
Old 12-26-2016, 08:22 PM

amkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Wow! That's awesome! What are your plans with it?
Old 12-26-2016, 08:31 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
Wow that is in great shape. Great find.
Randy
Old 12-26-2016, 09:42 PM

crazycanuck has a spectacular aura aboutcrazycanuck has a spectacular aura about
Quote:
Originally Posted by amkatt1 View Post
Wow! That's awesome! What are your plans with it?
Going to service it, and put it to work, its kinda weird to drive it, you forget you are driving a wrecker, going over bumps and ridges it's smooth and quiet, not a clunk or bang, it is going to be part of my new business, will compliment my deck truck , but I like wreckers better than the roll back, it will be great for doing recoveries, and it is nice and flashy too,
Old 12-26-2016, 10:01 PM

It will need some love, its got what I like to call sitting syndrome, it will need a brake line, rear line is blown, runs good but tune up is in order, has exhaust leak at catalytic converter tube, going to pull all the wheels and install new tires, the tires are cracked bad on it now, while the wheels are off I'll go through the brakes, got most of the lights working now, needed a couple bulbs and a wire fixed, and few bulbs needed in light bar too. The switches for all the accessories are not the greatest either so a proper switch panel is going to be fitted, or I'll make a better more user friendly panel. The tilt steering lever and signal light switch is broken, I have an 89 xlt that will donate some steering column parts, just a bunch of minor little things, the PTO is a bit finicky to get engaged, but once in the runs oh so smooth, fast idle works good, hydraulics work smooth and easy.and it's got nice wheel lift, rubber sling, dollies and twin winches, pretty versatile truck.

The drive train is a 460 efi, 5speed zf trans with park brake on the driveshaft. It's not as bad on fuel as I originally thought, drove 300km home, but not as good on fuel as the 94 power stroke deck truck I have.
Old 12-26-2016, 10:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by smokey View Post
Wow that is in great shape. Great find.
Thanks
Old 12-27-2016, 01:51 AM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
Nice find, please keep us posted on how it's working out.

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp
Old 12-27-2016, 07:32 AM

68F1006.4 is just really nice68F1006.4 is just really nice68F1006.4 is just really nice68F1006.4 is just really nice68F1006.4 is just really nice
Wow, super nice score!
Old 12-27-2016, 12:50 PM

amkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond reputeamkatt1 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by crazycanuck View Post
Going to service it, and put it to work, its kinda weird to drive it, you forget you are driving a wrecker, going over bumps and ridges it's smooth and quiet, not a clunk or bang, it is going to be part of my new business, will compliment my deck truck , but I like wreckers better than the roll back, it will be great for doing recoveries, and it is nice and flashy too,
Perfect!!
Old 12-28-2016, 10:08 AM

Yep, she definitely got sitting syndrome, went to try the sling out, it wouldn't extend, so I beat and tapped and pulled for an hour and a half in the garage before I could get the arms to extend, so this morning I put the sling and arms back on the truck and hooked up to my mercury, the sling rubbers are rotten, they held up the mercury , but, I'll change em out before I tow anything, and the boom up hyd line blew, turns out all the hyd lines are rotten and deteriorated. So I'll get all new hyd Hosea made up at the same time I get new belts for the sling
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20161228_094904378.jpg (535.7 KB, 9 views)