Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Old 07-11-2017, 01:28 AM

Kaajot is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by blacksnapon View Post
as far as the cannot detect cylinder#, look at the crankshaft position sensor on the front pulley. it will Read off of the "star" wheel that is attached to it. perhaps it isn't plugged in or a broken wire or damaged lower pulley.
Thanks, BlackSnapOn! I'll run this by my mechanic!
Sponsored Links
Old 09-06-2017, 05:02 PM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
Did you ever fix the problem?

If not, read your first post, where you state you have a "slight vacuum leak, due to the mechanic using 2 gaskets to try and smooth out the problem"

Everything you discribe through the whole thread screams major vacuum leak.

Take the intake off, and put (1) gasket back on. I think you will be pleased with the result

Last edited by dustybumpers; 09-06-2017 at 05:04 PM. Reason: additional info
Old 11-03-2017, 03:26 PM

Kaajot is on a distinguished road
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by dustybumpers View Post
Did you ever fix the problem?

If not, read your first post, where you state you have a "slight vacuum leak, due to the mechanic using 2 gaskets to try and smooth out the problem"

Everything you discribe through the whole thread screams major vacuum leak.

Take the intake off, and put (1) gasket back on. I think you will be pleased with the result
Thanks, Dusty!

We're doing that this month. I've been repairing other systems -- tow kit assembly, after-market fog light wiring repair, and recently a windshield wiper repair that "worked" but now is not. I think the windshield wiper motor (new) may have become slightly loose since I've already replaced the circuit breaker relay in driver side fuse panel. Those cbs aren't cheap, but think I'm going to keep the new one and once the problem is solved sell it on ebay since it appears to be "good" (will put on a multimeter to verify with some power from a 9v battery) on the cheap $10 vs rockauto's $26 for the same, that being the cheapest location online and going up to the $35-$45 range after that at most autoparts stores.

I'm excited to get the exhaust repaired. We painted all of the covers from the original assembly (which were on the original motor that came out in 2015 and swapped the intake/manifolds/covers in order to paint the "nicer" set). So it's all painted red white and blue and going to get a custom RED IX logo where the original Ford sticker went on the plate cover, but everything else is 100% ready to be swapped.

Still have an engine light and a non-detection cylinder # error code when attempting to run the codes (will not actually get past attempting an engine-rev or reading the codes upon hitting start). We've got one more machine to hook her up to and try to extract a better code read out.

Incidentally, if anyone wants a stripped 4.9L 300 short-block ready for rebuild, I've got it on craiglist and ebay in the upstate Watertown, NY area. 132K actual miles (maybe less, but definitely no more than 132K) when she came out of my truck. Has a lot of the seals, etc brand new to come with the engine. It's already in pieces and ready for a hot dip to clean her off and be rebuilt.