Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generations 8-9

Generations 8-9 1987-1996 F150 + 1987-1997 F250, F350

Old 09-07-2016, 09:55 AM
Redneck Prognosticator

O'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond reputeO'Rattlecan has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
We're just really good listeners.
Married men everywhere.

Ryan
Old 09-10-2016, 09:32 PM

welderr is on a distinguished road
I did a little googleing and came up with this. I have axle code 29, (Thanks Miranda, I never knew about axle codes) My truck has a 5 speed with a inline 6. Do any of you think I will have a issue finding solid axle with that gear ratio?

29 3.55 5300 FORD REG 1991
Old 09-17-2016, 08:13 PM

Any body here ever pop out the engine cradle and swap it to another frame? Anyone?
Old 09-17-2016, 11:21 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by welderr View Post
I did a little googleing and came up with this. I have axle code 29, (Thanks Miranda, I never knew about axle codes) My truck has a 5 speed with a inline 6. Do any of you think I will have a issue finding solid axle with that gear ratio?

29 3.55 5300 FORD REG 1991
The axle ratio is listed next to the code, which is a 3.55. Solid axles with that ratio would be very common.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 09-18-2016, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
The axle ratio is listed next to the code, which is a 3.55. Solid axles with that ratio would be very common.

Thanks for the info. I have only visited 1 yard. Will keep looking. Thanks
Old 10-03-2016, 09:15 PM
sawmill slave

primetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by welderr View Post
Any body here ever pop out the engine cradle and swap it to another frame? Anyone?
Why would you want to do that?

Justin

With a little luck and a greenback dollar you gonna see me shine.

Old 10-03-2016, 09:27 PM
sawmill slave

primetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond reputeprimetime has a reputation beyond repute
Nevermind, figured it out. A Dana 60 is probably a lot easier then swapping the crossmember, and is what I would do. Not that the TTB is a bad thing, it does fine for the majority of use, especially if your primary use is towing, street use, two tracking, and you don`t plan on lifting it with huge tires.

Justin

Old 07-22-2017, 10:50 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by primetime View Post
Nevermind, figured it out. A Dana 60 is probably a lot easier then swapping the crossmember, and is what I would do. Not that the TTB is a bad thing, it does fine for the majority of use, especially if your primary use is towing, street use, two tracking, and you don`t plan on lifting it with huge tires.
Not much luck finding a dana 60 front axle. I am not going to put huge tires on it. And it won't be a daily driver. I just want a fun fwd pickup. I drive a different brand as my daily driver, any wheres from 2 wheel drive to 8 wheel drive when I lock in the axles.

There has been a few delays in this project. Job change, work and more work. I think I can start back up on this in a few weeks. Just going to change the cradle out and be done with it.

Thanks for your input.
Mark
Old 07-23-2017, 08:59 PM
sawmill slave

You should take a look at swapping in Super Duty axles. The rear seems to be pretty much a bolt in. In the front, you will need F-350 springs, or use Super Duty springs. Which will either require a shackle reversal for the front, which will lift the truck, or move the front shackle ahead, because Super Duty springs are longer, which improves the ride.

Either way, with that F-150 frame, you have some work ahead of you.

Justin

Old 07-23-2017, 09:16 PM
sawmill slave

Two examples.

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/ford/...thout-rsk.html

http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/tow-r...axle-swap.html

I have a 97 Dana 60 and F-350 springs in my F-250. The ride sucks. But I don`t want to lift it any higher than it already is because it`s to tall for my 5th wheel trailer as it sits. So option 1 is what I will be going with as soon as I get some springs.

Justin