Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Factory Dash Clock Rare

With all those Billboards who can read the small text in between ?

tylstruck

Canadian diisabled Yuppie
Dennis, my U-haul AM digital clock radio doesn't look at all as the one you pictured. I will picture it tomorrow and look for part number.

II wouldn't know the value of that clock. There's soo much aftermarket clocks out there. How much someone is w3illing to pay for it, is the value.

Tyl

With all those Billboards who can read the small text in between ?

I'm sorry Dennis, my bad.

here you go!

magnifying_glass_jpg20.jpg

I'm already using two of those Ed ;)

tylstruck

Attached are some pics of the radio. Note this radio was in the truck when purchased, but has been replaced with a cassette player radio. I kept the original radio in a box downstairs.

This radio must be an aftermarket special order radio much like that clock.

2004_0309Image0013.jpg

without the bezel

2004_0309Image0011.jpg

stickers

2004_0309Image0014.jpg

Serial # 15187

Cat. No.; PPC-200
AM/FM stereo receiver with digital clock
Freg. Range
AM 530-1670 KHz
FM 87.5 -107.9 MHz
DC 14.4V Negative ground
This receiver complies with FCC requirements Part 15.
Made in Korea

U-haul
ENGR. CHNG. LEVEL=0

Tyl

Sounds like a K-Mart Special

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
It's a U-HAUL special.

U-HAUL did all kinds of weird things and had unique parts for there morph-mobiles.Ed
I'd be willing to bet that the U-haul trucks didn't come with radios from Ford.

The aftermarket radio was added by U-haul.

tylstruck

Ohj hahah K-Mart special..... Probably was.

It is an aftermarket radio ordered by U-haul and placed into them in the factory. I'm not sure the exact number of thoujsands of '79 trucks U-haul had Ford build them. The radios was one way U-haul saved some money to build. My truck has a heater with cool air vents, not a/c. Many of the same trucks had no heaters or a/c or dealer installed ones.

The only other thing is I have no cigar lighter. Saved them some bucks. I have the ashtray tho. Back then, U-haul dealers handed out packs of matches, so smoking was allowed in them. It probably cost less to hand out some matches everytime the truck was rented than have the lighter installed?

I could care less, I don't smoke.

Tyl

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
It is an aftermarket radio ordered by U-haul and placed into them in the factory. I'm not sure the exact number of thoujsands of '79 trucks U-haul had Ford build them. The radios was one way U-haul saved some money to build. My truck has a heater with cool air vents, not a/c. Many of the same trucks had no heaters or a/c or dealer installed ones.
Tyl
I sincerely doubt Ford installed aftermarket radios for U-Haul, you wanna know why?

Because, Ford could not (and would not) guarantee them. The radios were installed by U-Haul themselves.

Factory radios were covered under the same warranty the rest of the trucks were. The warranty on the U-Haulers, as I recall, was less than the production trucks received.

Heaters became standard equipment in 1966 on F100/350's (mandated by the Feds, btw), so if some U-Haul trucks didn't have them, it was specified as a heater delete.

Last edited:

BKW

Ford Parts Guru
I hated looking up parts for these U-haul trucks. PITA Ed
It wasn't so bad (uh huh)...Coberly had the contract, then later Crenshaw did.

Once you got the hang of it...it wasn't any worse than looking up 4WD front axle or brake parts without a tag number!! :eek:

You guys ever check out the U-haul truck Parts for sale web site ?

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts