Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 6

Generation 6 1973-1979 F100, F150, F250, F350

Old 12-25-2016, 08:07 PM

Chayse is on a distinguished road
Quote:
Originally Posted by CowboyBilly9Mile View Post
Over the years, two people I know have lost cars in fiery infernos caused old power steering hoses leaking and spraying fluid onto the exhaust manifold. They didn't believe that a hose with a large amount of pressure in it could break due to old age, cracking, rot and fatigre, despite my warning. Something to think about. Same with any pressurized rubber fuel line (which surely wasn't OEM); food for thought.

Edit: add to the list, the rubber brake lines.
Not to worry the hose that is leaking is brand new and I inspected the rubber fuel lines no cracks and the rubber looks to be in great condition. The power steering leak is probably my fault not getting the rubber line over the steel line far enough so tomorrow I will try and get it on there far enough and sealed up nice and good.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-25-2016, 09:15 PM
hitech hillbilly

Admin

smokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond reputesmokey has a reputation beyond repute
Get the power steering leak fixed. My 73 mustang hose leaked and spraying over the headers and caught fire. I smelled this strange smell kinda like hotdogs cooking. The fire burnt my air filter.
Randy
Old 12-27-2016, 10:07 AM

So last night I bit the bullet and fixed my f250 $230 for $430 hubs I seem to like my discount at work more haha. now I have 4wheel drive back and good timing too as I was installing them sitting in my driveway during a snow storm. As for the f150 work will resume again and guys don't worry I haven't even started my truck back up since I noticed my power steering leak I will probably get around to that some time this week and then after I get payed I'm going to buy a power steering box since mine is sloppy as hell. This will hopefully be the last item I need for my steering besides all of the bushings and what not up front which I'll get replaced down the road.

After that's replaced before I do another oil change new pan gasket and clean the crap out of the pan and paint it so it looks nice. It does leak oil now but not enough to cause any puddles. Also at some point I'll be pulling the trans to get it rebuilt as it is also leaking and hey why not do it so I don't have to later on. After this I'll be working on my axles as I'm sure you could guess they are leaking too. (This truck leaks a lot) idea I've had for a while is finding f250 axles with full disk brakes and swaping them In I like the idea of both of my trucks running the same axles. There's a ton more work to do but I'll get to it later and start on my list of items
Old 12-27-2016, 12:32 PM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chayse View Post
...... sitting in my driveway during a snow storm. ........
Huh? Nothing in the news today RE a big dump anywhere. When and how much?

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp

Last edited by CowboyBilly9Mile; 12-27-2016 at 12:34 PM.
Old 12-28-2016, 10:43 AM

Wasn't too much it only snowed for about 2 hours but my truck had no weight in the back as well as no 4x4 because my hubs went out on me. Oh and I'm running 12.5 wide tires. So any amount of snow and being stuck with 2 wheel drive I start to spin haha.
Old 01-20-2017, 06:51 PM

UPDATE: well being that its been a while since I have posted here you may think that I have gotten a lot done to the truck. Im sorry to dissapoint, Ive slowed work down on this truck because I am taking night welding classes and dont have much time to work on it, along with this my daily driver has been getting some attenchion to ger her through the winter. As of now my projects for this truck are going to be getting a new steering box for it along with a pump and get the whole system taken care of. After this will be to start work on the rear axle, the axles leaking and needs to be adressed. After that is fixed up then moves on to the transmition. Ill be pulling it and taking it to a shop to get rebuilt. After this starts the smaller things like cleaning up the wiring through out the whole vehical as it seems to be pretty hacked up. Then Ill begin painting the under carrage and under the hood and interior all of which are going black. As for the extior Im tossing around painting it either a dark forest gloss or a dark maroon red with black accents. Any thoughts on paint colors ?

Yes I know the above list is a lot but thats my plan for now not including small things like replacing worn parts in the engin bay IE hoes plactic lines ECT...
Old 04-13-2017, 04:21 PM

So it's been a while since I last posted on here but here's what I've gotten done so far. I got new rims and tires for 400$ there pretty nice and have good tread. While taking off the lug studs I broke three all of which are on the front. This led to me rebuilding the front axle outer ends which the truck needed badly. I got new rotors as well but ended up bending the hub housing while pressing lug studs in. So now the truck is sitting waiting until I get payed and get the housings. Just today I got new gaskets for the oil pan and the valve covers, along with fuel filter,oil filter, cap and rotor, and spark plugs. I didn't get wires because the ones that are on it were recently done. Soon I'll have to drive this truck as my daily the f250 is now what my girlfrend drives.
Old 04-13-2017, 10:03 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
It always goes like that doesn't it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 04-17-2017, 07:48 AM
Texas Chapter member

Jasperrc is a glorious beacon of lightJasperrc is a glorious beacon of lightJasperrc is a glorious beacon of lightJasperrc is a glorious beacon of lightJasperrc is a glorious beacon of lightJasperrc is a glorious beacon of light
Yeah, one these truck, more often than not, one thing leads to another.

'77 F100 Flareside

"If it jams, force it. If it breaks, it needed replacing anyway."

Tags
6th gen, f150, ford