Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 6

Generation 6 1973-1979 F100, F150, F250, F350

Old 06-23-2011, 10:56 AM

Blue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond reputeBlue Goose has a reputation beyond repute
DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part 2

This is part 2 of Duncan's very extensive build of his '79 F150

To see part 1 click here> DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part 1

Sponsored Links
Old 06-23-2011, 11:00 AM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Thanks Brad!
Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasNomad View Post
I need your full mailing address, so I can fedex you a wet fart.

Old 06-23-2011, 11:20 AM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by DNFXDLI View Post
Thanks Brad!
Out of curiosity and am not sure you addressed this in the beginning or not, but how did you come to the conclusion of doing a 1979? Or did you just find a truck that had great potential?
2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."
Old 06-23-2011, 11:34 AM
The Token Canadian

Admin

DNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond reputeDNFXDLI has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by taxreliever View Post
Out of curiosity and am not sure you addressed this in the beginning or not, but how did you come to the conclusion of doing a 1979? Or did you just find a truck that had great potential?
I had several Ford trucks...and my 79 Bronco was my favorite. I had to sell it to buy my first house and always had the desire to get another.
Edit...when I bought it, I had plans just to drive it, however after storing it the first winter unheated it began to leak everything. I was just going to regasket what was needed and leave it at that. Then I thought "well, I can't put a clean engine in that dirty compartment"...and thus began the slippery slope
Quote:
I prefer to call it a passion, rather than a problem. That way it is self-justified.
Quote:

Last edited by DNFXDLI; 06-23-2011 at 11:47 AM.
Old 06-23-2011, 12:04 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue Goose View Post
This is part 2 of Duncan's very extensive build of his '79 F150

To see part 1 click here> DNFXDLI's 79 F150 Build Part 1
Or, as they say out east, Part deux! Keep us posted!

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 06-23-2011, 12:06 PM
Arrogant A-hole At-Large

LEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond reputeLEB Ben has a reputation beyond repute
Ah...the good ol' slippery slope, makes me wonder, what innate instinct causes it.

That said...Dman, did you ever get a number how out of square your frame was?

'77 250 400 Boggers (show)__'96 350 CC 460 SSR's (work)__'79 Bronco 400 35's (play)

Quote:
Inspired by Ian
We live in a society that keeps finding answers to problems people never knew they had.
I bow my head to Jesus, stand for my family, love only one woman, and am always proud of what I have.

Standing by my gun and Bible since 1986.

Ben
Old 06-23-2011, 12:07 PM
That's how we roll!

73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute73F100Shortbed has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Duncan remind me to send you your vents. I totally forgot about them

New Jersey Chapter Leader:Click here to Join

Click for Woodbridge, New Jersey Forecast
Old 06-23-2011, 12:09 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

Quote:
Or, as they say out east, Part deux! Keep us posted!
Heyheyhey...careful with the French stuff

Quote:
Originally Posted by UTfball68 View Post
Ah...the good ol' slippery slope, makes me wonder, what innate instinct causes it.

That said...Dman, did you ever get a number how out of square your frame was?
I chalk it up to some kind of genetic deficiency
Frame was out 1/4''...now it is out zero.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-23-2011, 12:10 PM
The Token Canadian

Admin

Quote:
Originally Posted by 73F100Shortbed View Post
Sean...send me the vents... No rush dude...I don't see the interior happening until fall at the earliest.
Quote:
Quote:

Old 06-23-2011, 12:26 PM
Licensed to Represent!

taxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond reputetaxreliever has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by 73F100Shortbed View Post
Don't forget to send Duncan the vents.

2006 F150 King Ranch
2007 Expedition EB

www.taxreliever.com

Quote:
Or, as the great Greek philosopher Testiclees once said: "Man who goes through turnstyle in airport is going to Bangkok."