Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Question about BCM, LCD information center, etc.

Hoping someone here might have run across this.

I have a 2005 F-150 XLT with 5.4 that I purchased new. Currently has ~89,000 miles. In the last year or so, the information center (LCD with odometer, compass and temp) has gone out sporadically. It is currently out and has been for a few days. When the LCD is out, every time I accelerate from a stop, the lock mechanism attempts to lock the doors. Is this the body control module having a glitch/failing or something else?

Any help greatly appreciated.

CowboyBilly9Mile

Charter Member
USA
I'd suggest downloading FORScan for windows (free), connecting to the vehicle via an ELM327 adapter (inexpensive) and see what codes might be showing.

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
sounds like a cold solder joint. fairly common. google it up and you can find a how to on re soldering it.

mboclassic

08 BF-350 Cool Crew Cab
So, what did you find out???

Hoping someone here might have run across this.

I have a 2005 F-150 XLT with 5.4 that I purchased new. Currently has ~89,000 miles. In the last year or so, the information center (LCD with odometer, compass and temp) has gone out sporadically. It is currently out and has been for a few days. When the LCD is out, every time I accelerate from a stop, the lock mechanism attempts to lock the doors. Is this the body control module having a glitch/failing or something else?

Any help greatly appreciated.

Did you run the codes as suggested?
Did you send your cluster out for rebuild/repair to someone like myairbags?
Do tell...interested in what you found out...Thanks!smiliegitrdone

Ford Truck Articles