Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

New member with a new truck

Hi guys, I just picked up a '57 f-100 project. The PO attempted to swap a 5.0 out of a mustang, but got in way over their head. The engine is just sitting there loose and crooked and they have a t-5 trans sitting in there with the shifter in the wrong place and a 2x6 for a crossmember. Is doesn't look like the Mustang t-5 is a feasible swap and I'll probably look for C-4. There is a set of new BBK Mustang headers in the bed, I guess they figured since it was a Mustang engine, get Mustang headers. No way they will work. They also gutted the doors attempting to install a universal power window kit. That went about as well as the engine swap. I will be looking for recommendations for manifolds/headers etc. There is a plastic fuel tank, I don't know it is has a sender or not? Let me know what you guys notice from the pics, I've restored a lot of classic cars, but never a Ford truck. Let me know what you guys think. Thanks, Trey

jebadiah04

Rooster Snorkler
Little duct tape and a few nails she will be good as new. Lol

Looks like you get to clean up a nice mess. Good luck. Pretty truck

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Welcome to FTF....looks like a pretty solid base for a project.

Nice username BTW! smilieFordlogo

mtflat

Flatheads Forever
Some guys shouldn't be allowed to play with wrenches. Glad to know you'll finish somebody's mess!

Welcome to FTF!

Big Jim F150

73-79 Ford Trucks Rock
Nice truck!!!! Welcome to FTF !! It'll be interesting to see the outcome of your project, just take your time and be patient with it, and don't give up and get discouraged with it, you'll have a sweet little truck for your cruisin' pleasure in the end a little something to look forward to, the fun will be well worth the effort in the end.:wavey: smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo smilieFordlogo

Thanks for the welcomes, anyone found a header that fits well for a SBF with a straight axle? Probably a block hugger style? I didn't get to dig into it much yet, hopefully I can get into it after Thanksgiving. I'm thinking I'll start by yanking out the engine and double checking everything and trying to put the doors back together. I might need to buy an assembly manual to figure that out?

DNFXDLI

The Token Canadian
Staff member
Thanks for the welcomes, anyone found a header that fits well for a SBF with a straight axle? Probably a block hugger style? I didn't get to dig into it much yet, hopefully I can get into it after Thanksgiving. I'm thinking I'll start by yanking out the engine and double checking everything and trying to put the doors back together. I might need to buy an assembly manual to figure that out?

Sanderson probably has something

primetime

sawmill slave
If I remember right, Speedway has some headers they list as fitting, they probably have a swap crossmember that you may be interested in.

BUCKEYE BOB

Florida Chapter member
a late welcome to ftf.that is a nice looking truck that you have.i hope that by now you have managed to fix a lot of the mess that the po gave you.i have a 56 f100,also.i sure would like to have that grille of yours. i have a instrument panel like yours laying around some where.i think that it came out of a box truck.maybe an international.any way good luck

Ford Truck Articles