Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Engine shaking...

blacksnapon

Staff member
Be careful! You will be dealing with an extreme amount of weight, not balanced very well, when loose from the engine.

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
Hmmm, I have been under that transmission probably 30 times and have had the inspection hole grommet pulled out probably 20 times and never seen that plate. Although my exhaust pipe does run right in front of the where that cover plate would be... I'll have another look tomorrow when it gets light outside.

As for removing the transmission, Andy (andym) lives nearby and just bought a transmission jack that he said I could use. And I'm sure he'd be willing to offer a hand too :D

Skandocious

Post Whores Make Me Sick
California
I'm going to be replacing my manifolds with longtube headers pretty soon, and replacing the forward cat with a custom y-pipe so I'll look for that cover plate when I do the work. Thanks Brian.

Any other suggestions as to what my problem might be?

bowtiehatr

Certified Ford Tech
check your balancer. i have seen a few seperate and come loose causing noises and vibrations. the increase in speed ends up smoothing out the harmonics in the engine sometimes. remove the balancer and compare to a new one. sometimes they will spin on the rubber isolator and cause the vibration as well.

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts