Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > Superduties & Other Trucks > Superduty Gen.2

Superduty Gen.2 2008-2010 F250, F350, F450, F550

Old 08-05-2017, 07:13 AM

BANDAID is on a distinguished road
Angry Can't get transmission out of PARK

Started 2010 F-450 ambulance and could not shift out of park.
Motor starts
Brake lights work
Headlights will not work
Wipers work
Dash lights will not go out even after setting overnight
A/C-Heater blower works
Windows will not go up or down

What is going on? Is there a fuse or relay/solenoid common to this condition?
Sponsored Links
Old 08-05-2017, 10:45 AM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
Knowing that there is an electrical solenoid that blocks shifting from park unless the brake is pressed, I'd start by checking fuses.

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp
Old 08-05-2017, 06:38 PM
owned by Fords

dustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond reputedustybumpers has a reputation beyond repute
Or brake light bulbs
Old 08-06-2017, 08:56 AM

Does one fuse control headlights, power windows and transmission park control? I listed what works and what doesn't work. So why do all of the dash lights remain on all the time?
Old 08-06-2017, 11:00 AM
Charter Member

CowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond reputeCowboyBilly9Mile has a reputation beyond repute
If I had to guess and seeing how Ford likes to wire their vehicles, I'd be a bit suspicious of one of the large fuses in the BJB. As I suggested and if I were tasked with fixing it, logically, I would start by checking fuses.

*The most accurate method I know of to confirm that there is specifically one fuse controlling the circuit for the headlights, PW, tranny, etc would be to go to the link in my siggy, pull up the schematics for the vehicle and study the wiring. Specifically, identify the candidate circuit(s) serviced by a specific fuse as noted in the owners manual, then look at the schematics and trace.

-Life is far too short to be serious all the time. So if you can't stop and laugh at yourself along the way, give me a call and I'll do it for you.

04 Ranger Fx4 Level II, 5R55E, Sonic Blue Pearl, loaded.

Useful Ford Vehicle Resources:

Owners Manuals >>> http://www.fleet.ford.com/partsandse...owner-manuals/
Build Information (click on "vehicle") >>> https://www.etis.ford.com/
Wiring schematics and TSB's (click on "technical information") >>> http://bbbind.com/
Repair guides, includes schematics w/connector pinouts >>> http://www.autozone.com/repairinfo/r...nfoLanding.jsp
Old 08-06-2017, 01:47 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

blacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond repute
gem module
Old 08-07-2017, 09:28 AM

Thanks for the tips!
Old 08-07-2017, 12:48 PM

I forgot one important detail the CHECK BRAKE SYSTEM message has appeared and the icon for the brakes is on.

Also fuse panel on this truck is on passenger side kick panel. Is the GEM there?
Old 10-03-2017, 04:07 PM

Agggggg!!!
Had the GEM module replaced at a local shop.

Everything fine for a week, then the dome light starts blinking on and off at a regular pace, therefore it is trying to tell me something. It only happens when I turn on the ignition. If the ignition is off the dome light will come on when opening the doors.

Is there some way to determine what is causing this without another trip to shop?
Old 10-05-2017, 05:47 PM
Super Moderator

Super Moderator

blacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond reputeblacksnapon has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by BANDAID View Post
Agggggg!!!
Had the GEM module replaced at a local shop.

Everything fine for a week, then the dome light starts blinking on and off at a regular pace, therefore it is trying to tell me something. It only happens when I turn on the ignition. If the ignition is off the dome light will come on when opening the doors.

Is there some way to determine what is causing this without another trip to shop?
he GEM is supposed to be programmed before installation. one way to tell if the programming hasn't been performed, The interior lights blink!
BEEN THERE, DONE THAT. Had to do a lot of research before I figured that one out. Thought they were never going to quit flashing. If the programming
Is insufficient they flash. (dead battery on the IDS got me.)