Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

Serpentine Conversion Kits?

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Does any one know if there are any Serpentine Kits for the 351m/400?

Why do ya want one?

Probably becuase a serpentine set up is WAY nicer than v-belt. It is almost impossible to slip a serp belt, it takes way less contact to get the same amount of surface to surface contact.

I would try March Pulleys, they probably make a kit and they make NICE stuff.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Yes snake belts are the best and nothing can match the looks when you pop open the hood a a truck and see them...
Just trying to a idea on what kinda mods I can do or get for these engines.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
March has one that'll work. I might be wrong but I think that they're 351w kit works?

70blue

Georgia Chapter member
If the 351W kit works would there be any reason you could not use the pulleys off a junkyard engine?

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
I don't think the one for a Wennie would work on a 351M..
The reason you wouldn't want ones off a junker is this.
Junk Yard pulleys
2engines.JPG

March Pulleys
351C_pulleys.jpg

70blue

Georgia Chapter member
I would sooner use junkyard pulleys. i am not meticulous about polishing my engine plus the majority of that bling would be hidden by the radiator and such.

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^

UNRULEE

^LARGE carbon footprint^
Crazy huh? Thought that you'd better see that before you blindly order one :eek:!!!!

Weeping! Jesus!!!!!!! are they kidding!
How the hell do they even stay in business..

March has no problem staying in business. They are the aftermarket industry leader is brackets and pulleys.

When you start to make lots of power at high RPMs, vbelts slip. Even if you don't make big numbers at the dyno, serp belts are still nicer.

Most people that do big projects, restorations etc. have no problem spending big money to get the BEST quality available and 2K for a complete bracket and pulley set up isn't that much all things considered. How much money does the non-corner cutting ground up restoration usually run? About 40K? These guys stay in business for the same reason snap-on does; they are the best at what they do, hands down.

TexasNomad

FTFS Designated DRINKER!
Crazy huh? Thought that you'd better see that before you blindly order one :eek:!!!!
Yeah.......

Why not a 460. You would be slightly ahead of the game.
460 is to big for what I want or need!
He wants my 400 and keeps asking me to die.:guns:
U know I love yeah Grandpa

March has no problem staying in business. They are the aftermarket industry leader is brackets and pulleys.

When you start to make lots of power at high RPMs, vbelts slip. Even if you don't make big numbers at the dyno, serp belts are still nicer.

Most people that do big projects, restorations etc. have no problem spending big money to get the BEST quality available and 2K for a complete bracket and pulley set up isn't that much all things considered. How much money does the non-corner cutting ground up restoration usually run? About 40K? These guys stay in business for the same reason snap-on does; they are the best at what they do, hands down.
That's nice.

Ford Truck Articles