Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > F-Series > Generation 4

Generation 4 1961-1966 F100, F250, F350

Old 06-20-2017, 11:14 PM

TexasRebel is on a distinguished road
The truck I thought was gone..

I haven't posted on this site in quite some time. Sold the 89 f250 I had a couple years back and been out of a Ford since sadly. Until today.. Before I post the picture of the truck, here's some back story.

Back in early 1966, my great grandfather (moms grandfather) bought a brand new 1966 F100 Custom Cab short bed with a 300-6 and 3 speed on the tree. He drove it up until he passed away (can't remember the exact year). It sat undriven for a good while until about the time I was born in 1996, when my dad decided to pull it out and get it going again. He drove it up until 1998 when my parents got divorced and it just sat in the back of the yard since. The house where it sat was abandoned around 2006 and the truck stayed. It was already pretty rough at this point, but I still wanted it, just had no way to do anything with it since I was so young. A couple years back, the property sold and I thought the truck got crushed by the new owners....

But I was wrong. Turns out, my aunt had went and pulled it out with her husband and they saved it, but I had no idea that they had it. I went over to her house earlier this afternoon and see a portion of a slick peeking out from behind her house. I start to freak out a little on the inside thinking there is no way that it's the same truck. It is. And she wanted to sell it. I walk around it thinking of all of the memories I had just staring at this thing as a kid wanting it so bad. I go talk to her about it and she says it hurts her to see it just sit. I ask how much she wants for it, not knowing what number to expect. She hits me with a price of $130, the price she paid to have it towed to her house. I started shaking I was so excited.

I'm going this weekend to give her the money and try to get the brakes unstuck so it will roll onto a trailer and bring it home. Words can't even describe how happy I am right now. A truck I thought was gone forever is now in my life again. It's gonna be a pretty slow process of bringing it back to life until I get finished with remodeling my house, then it's game on.

I'll stop boring you all now and give y'all the picture. I only have one right now. Will grab more this weekend.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

1989 Ford F-250. 2wd. SCLB. 351. C6.
Sponsored Links
Old 06-20-2017, 11:44 PM

68F1006.4 is just really nice68F1006.4 is just really nice68F1006.4 is just really nice68F1006.4 is just really nice68F1006.4 is just really nice
I really dig a good back story and this was a great story to go with a great looking truck!

Definitely looking forward to seeing the progress unfold!
Old 06-21-2017, 09:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 68F1006.4 View Post
I really dig a good back story and this was a great story to go with a great looking truck!

Definitely looking forward to seeing the progress unfold!
Thanks. I should be grabbing some more pics on Sunday.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:53 AM

daltonsexton is a jewel in the roughdaltonsexton is a jewel in the roughdaltonsexton is a jewel in the rough
That Is Amazing! I know EXACTLY how you feel!

Grats man! Looking forward to your updates!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
Old 06-21-2017, 11:46 AM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
nice to see its back home..

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus
Old 06-21-2017, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by daltonsexton View Post
That Is Amazing! I know EXACTLY how you feel!

Grats man! Looking forward to your updates!

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk
I'm beyond excited about this. For several years I thought it had gotten crushed. I never thought I would see it again, let alone own it.

Old 06-21-2017, 02:54 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sparky83 View Post
nice to see its back home..
Oh yeah. It'll be in it's forever home early next week when I have time off to haul it out. Gonna be lots of pictures posted as soon as it's home.

Old 06-21-2017, 07:37 PM
Tonto Papadapolous

fatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond reputefatherdoug has a reputation beyond repute
Nice find, AND you're related to it. Good luck with the restore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by john112deere
I think the lens of time is required to differentiate between the real milestones, and the detours along the way.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrxlh View Post
Strippers, ammo and SKS, wow, that is almost sig worthy!!
Old 06-21-2017, 08:02 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by fatherdoug View Post
Nice find, AND you're related to it. Good luck with the restore.
I'm gonna need all the luck I can. First order of business is a brake job. All 4 corners are locked up.

Old 06-21-2017, 10:40 PM
Virginia Chapter member

Sparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond reputeSparky83 has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasRebel View Post
I'm gonna need all the luck I can. First order of business is a brake job. All 4 corners are locked up.

thats the perfect anti=theft device imo...

"I don't think the intelligence reports are all that hot. Some days I get more out of the New York Times. "
-John F. Kennedy

"I never FAIL... I succeed at finding what doesn't work."
-Christopher Titus