Ford Truck Fanatics  

Home Gallery TOTM New Posts My Threads / My Replies Links Sponsors Calendar Arcade Calculators Fliers
Go Back   Ford Truck Fanatics > General Maintenance, Performance, and Tech. Info > Oil and Lubrication

Old 01-02-2014, 09:34 AM
OP of 1st PWT

5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute5.0Flareside has a reputation beyond repute
Quote:
Originally Posted by O'Rattlecan View Post
I've always used Motorcraft oil in my engines, it's a great blend oil. My theory on the rings is that they'll seat w/in 2-3 minutes, and if they don't seat, they're never going to seat with those kind of high impact operating conditions.

Maybe I'll run a low end conventional that is on sale, like a penzzoil or quaker state or something for the first 500 with a good motorcraft filter.

Ryan
Pennzoil yellow bottle conventional would be my choice.

motorcraft is definitely a top blend oil. personally though for money you have invested. I'd go full synthetic. just extra piece o mine. doesn't have to be Amsoil. Pennzoil Ultra Is my go to off the shelf synthetic.

Sponsored Links