Join Our Ford Truck Forum Today

Document your Ford truck project here and inspire others! Login/Register to view the site with fewer ads.

1996 F-350 advice/introduction!

Hey Everybody! This is my first post on here, and as of today I am the owner of a beautiful 1996 F-350 Crew Cab! I've never owned an older model vehicle, or a truck before, so i'm looking for any advice on things I should be doing after I get my girl sometime next week (i.e. changing transmission fluid, spark plugs, etc.) and any advice in general on my truck! I haven't actually seen her yet but here is the description from the auction and a pic!

"96 F-350, 4-door, 4-WD, lock-in hubs, body is super solid, no dents to speak of and very little surface rust. I'm told, brakes may be frozen. Previous State Road Crew Truck....interior=not good, but recoverable. Solid monster truck with lots of potential.....p.s. light-bar depicted in pics has been removed. 1-26-15 charged, fresh gas, started and moved-2- blocks, brakes were frozen but unstuck, brakes need attention, shifts and steers good, idles good, may need manifold gasket. Doors-open and close good. Interior-filthy. Inspection sticker 12/11. 1-30-15 tried to start to check a/c, wouldn't start"

http://www.publicsurplus.com/sms/docviewer/aucdoc/DSC00453.JPG?auc=1281552&docid=11957542

I've got big plans for my girl so I'll probably be on here a lot over the next few months, thanks in advance for any advice on things to be concerned about/things I should do maintenance wise and I'm glad to be a member of the ford truck club!

dustybumpers

don't play well w others
Welcome to the site!
Looks like a nice project.

1970Custom

They call me Spuds
Middleton, ID

Ford Truck Articles

Recent Forum Posts